• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Southend United Matchday Thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Phil Brown, Brett Huxtable and the Duke of Edinburgh all in the mix today and all ready to take a portion of the flak if we don't win the war.

12.30 kick off. Don't say you weren't told.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Calm down William.

A 3 - 0 win is incoming.

haka

18 years since the "Southenders" turned up to see City go down.

Quiz quote: "This has been a terrible day for me and for all the fans. I never thought this could happen. I just hope we can manage to keep the club going." Who said that?

Anyway, let's hope for the same result today. (What?? Yeah, we won ...) :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Calm down William.

A 3 - 0 win is incoming.
Bowman hat trick ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman hat trick ?
No, Parkes at the double plus an OG.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
18 years since the "Southenders" turned up to see City go down.

Quiz quote: "This has been a terrible day for me and for all the fans. I never thought this could happen. I just hope we can manage to keep the club going." Who said that?

Anyway, let's hope for the same result today. (What?? Yeah, we won ...) :)
Ian Huxham.

PeteUSA

12.30 kick off. Don't say you weren't told.
Thats 4.30 in the morning for me, meaning I'm having to give this one a miss.

I imagine these boards will be heaving after the match if Mr Huxtable is refereeing, so I suspect there'll be plenty to read! I forsee a 1-1 draw, and some dubious goalkeeping all round to talk about!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Awkward timing for kick off. I hope Matt will have them set up for the style of play by Southend and won't put up with their nonsense. Bowman hopefully to score early and make any targeting of him by the opposition pointless.

Huxtable as fourth official hopefully renders him pointless. Jason's preview

David Treharne

It's a bright, chilly morning. It's currently 5c with a northerly breeze. There's 100% blue sky. We've had no rain in the 24 hours, indeed it's been a very dry week. Problem for today is the same as it's been for most of the week, we're at the edge of an area of high pressure and every day this week we've started like this, and then the wind has changed direction (several times in one day) and the barometer suggests that this will happen again today with the wind moving to ESE and then to SSE and possibly onto S, which brings in cloud for the afternoon. Think it'll happen again today.
It would be easy to feel morose after Tuesday's display, and indeed I do! I think we'll win, but where the goals are going to come from is in the lap of the whatever gods currently attend ECFC.
Don't think I'll manage another report before kick -off, unless nature proves me wrong and it turns into a sub-tropical haven around SJP.

Alistair20000

Without a second reading of Dr David’s trusty barometer I fear we is fooked :(