• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It just needed to be put out of Wildsmith’s reach power wasn’t needed.
I understand how the ball ends up in the net but it's not as simple as saying just stick out of his reach is it? I've agreed he should've done better but one of the worst misses in years is quite frankly absurd.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't a one on one. He should've got off a better shot but you can't have seen many games in your 100 yrs watching if that was one of the worst misses.
Exactly, he should have done better however it was far from being a sitter, you see players missing better chances most weeks.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
........you amaze me how could you possibly have missed it....it was only a few minutes after MJ’s misdirected header.
Based on your description I didn't see it !!

Red red

At least Taylor is watching the same game as us supporters. Bowman needs a lot of chances to score. Always has done. Sparkes obviously needs a kick up the backside. But the main change has to be centre half. Parkes is ok but he has to play Hartridge now Mcardle is not good enough to old and to slow. Seymour not good enough. Fisher not good enough Nigel not good enough. Law. Passed it. Stick with key and Randell. Williams well. Give Kite a run. Give Dean a run give Jordan a run

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This should kickstart the offside debate.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Law. Passed it.
Law ran the show at Gillingham in the last round.

This place tonight, WTF is going on.

The deluder

Has the second half started yet?
Another great Taylor signing.

tonykellowfan

I don't think you can read too much into that game given that we had missed our last 3 games and we played a team 2 divisions above.

What will be a lot more telling will be what happens on Tuesday.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand how the ball ends up in the net but it's not as simple as saying just stick out of his reach is it? I've agreed he should've done better but one of the worst misses in years is quite frankly absurd.
I was disappointed he didn’t score with it and find it difficult to defend...for what it’s worth I wouldn’t have taken him off. I’ve seen him have a lot less effective games than he did today.

Grecianpasty

For the first time I am disappointed with in MT for his criticism of Bowman. Undeserved in my eyes. Particularly when you consider the carp that came out to replace him upfront.