• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Scunthorpe United Match Day Thread.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A certain irony that it was against Scunthorpe back in the 70s when, with cases of illness within our squad we were unable to travel and, despite appeals to the FL (THANKS A BUNCH BOB LORD!!! :mad: ) we not only forfeited the points but were also landed with a punitive fine.
At least we managed to gat the points back today! :D
#whatgoes round comes round....eventually.
You beat me to it if and memory serves correctly the fine was £5,000 which at that time was a significant sum of money.

CC

We cant play a 15 year old in goal, if for no other reason that he would need to be taken out of school to go to Orient
It's half term this week ;)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's half term this week ;)
Good point. Still I hope that Ward is fit for Tuesday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Post match interview with Matt Taylor

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Carlisle have just scored from a Grimsby throw-in and without touching the ball:) Another goal keeping blunder!

Antony Moxey

Patchy performance that turned into a good performance once Jake Taylor came on to add some experience to a very young midfield. Speaking of youngsters how good was it to see six on the pitch for the majority of the game with two of them scoring to keep their spots at the top of the scoring charts.

Have definitely seen better performances, but that was still definitely better than Tuesday’s performance. I wonder how many clubs are thinking they dodged a bullet by not signing Randell Williams - he really is a shadow of the player we enjoyed watching last season.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Post match interview with Matt Taylor

Wouldn't be surprised to see MT in goal on Tuesday ! UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Harry Kite on making his league début

Banksy

Good interview , swipe at the EFL as an aside and rightly so.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harry Kite on making his league début

I am so proud of our club for continuing to produce well rounded players via the academy which we should all be very proud off. UTC