• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Scunthorpe United Match Day Thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our usual misfiring, stuttering display against a side at the bottom or will we give them a proper spanking ?

1-0 win for me. Bowman.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A 1pm kick off is a bit of a pain. Hopefully another win.

Jason's preview

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weather likely to have impact on game - hope pitch survives !UTC

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We never seem to perform against carp teams. So I expect a lucky win against the run of play.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
We never seem to perform against carp teams. So I expect a lucky win against the run of play.
Won’t be easy it never is....there isn’t a big difference between the teams at the top and bottom of League Two.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our usual misfiring, stuttering display against a side at the bottom or will we give them a proper spanking ?

1-0 win for me. Bowman.
I believe you to be right. However, being naturally generous I'll make it 3-1

David Treharne

Euch! Is the word I would use to describe the weather. We've had 5mm of rain overnight, and at present although it appears to be 15c, it feels colder than that in a moderate SSW breeze that has increased noticeably over the last hour. It's also drizzly and misty with very poor visibility. (which is strange given the increasing wind strength!) The barometric pressure is dropping, which suggests that it will rain later, and also that the wind will change direction. I don't think there's any chance at all of cancellation (directed at Grecian in Guzz -see post 4) but it's not likely to be conducive to the free flowing - shot strewn games that we haven't seen this season. I will attempt to post an update around midday, but I anticipate another faltering performance from the once mighty Grecians.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is having a fitness test this morning as he has a stomach strain.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
My line up today would be:

Ward

Caprice Sweeney (needs must) Parkes Page

Key Taylor Collins Sparkes

Jay

Bowman

Tough call to leave Randall out however I don't think his overall performances recently have been quite good enough, Sparkes is a good younge player who is also out best crosser, I'd have him on dead balls.

Perhaps Randall could make more impact coming on later in the game.

I imagine Williams will play however he really needs to up his game massively. Based on performances this season he doesn't deserve to be in the side when we have the likes of Caprice, Page, Sparkes, Key and Randall fighting for places.

ryancooper327