• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale Match day Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City in dreamland. Highest position in our history?
Probably but may have been there before back in the 70s but in those days the media coverage would have been very different and the early season table not published until 3 or 4 games had been played…..still a moment to be cherished lol.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

suffolklad

Now really looking forward to my first view of this season's City at Cambridge next Saturday!

Likewise

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And now from the first goal scorer today, Harry Kite

Pobbop

Well done lads.

Nevber understood people wanting us to bring in another midfielder, Harry Kite, when fit is the real deal.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done lads.

Nevber understood people wanting us to bring in another midfielder, Harry Kite, when fit is the real deal.
Not sure its a case of wanting, I figure its a case of having the numbers there for injuries, suspensions etc, We do have a thin squad at the moment, A good squad mind but a few additions would be welcomed.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
On reflection you're right and I didn't pick up on that he'd kicked the ball away.
Phone?????

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

dontpassback

Early days,but a good win after last weeks good result,nombe and jevani link up really well,and it could have been more,day made better by our massive green bottlers losing as well 😅😅😅😅

Pobbop

Not sure its a case of wanting, I figure its a case of having the numbers there for injuries, suspensions etc, We do have a thin squad at the moment, A good squad mind but a few additions would be welcomed.
Well, we hopefully have Kyle Taylor back sometime, we do now have Kegs, I just think we don't need to be looking at this position.

Anyway, it does show that just keeping all our best players was the great part of our pre-season, in the end Port vale and FGR have a lot of churn, we've just got the team that was hugely successful last year, and with so many of them youngsters they can improve, and so far they look liker they are doing that as a group.

Still obviously need cover for super Sam, but otherwise this is a squad that can compete.