• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corey

City back at SJP and looking to maintain the unbeaten start to the season. UTC

David Treharne

Yo ho ho! It's 14c with a gentle NNE breeze. There's pretty much unbroken blue sky overhead, and there's been a trace of rain in the last 24 hours, but nothing significant. The pitch looked in great shape when I called in yesterday to pick up my Newport tickets and I guess the sprinklers will be on pre-match. It looks like there'll be great conditions for attacking football. I only hope that City start converting chances into goals. I imagine that there will be some squad rotation, given that there's another game on Saturday. Update at around 17:00.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to this one, will officially be going fully overboard on optimism if we get a win, which we should at least on paper

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I guess I'll be forking out a tenner to watch this on iFollow. Hope I form continues.

Jason's preview

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not quite so confident as last Saturday. Matt was hinting at playing Bowman and Fisher together or Fisher and Seymour, plus Parkes, of course. But might be a false trail or my wrong interpretation
Nothing better than a night game at the Park. Hope we can get 4k + but have a feeling it might be fewer
Pray for win but not over-confident.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Team news from the Stoke Sentinel

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expecting three points from this one but I reckon Taylor will tinker to achieve them. I anticipate changes in defence and up front with Jay starting too. There was some chat about tired legs but don't forget Vale played on Saturday too, albeit against mediocre* opposition.

I wrote mediocre but I could have said "weak" or "pathetic".

TOP_CITY_FAN

Tuesday nights at the Park - nothing better.

3-0 win. Job done.

exeter-loyal

All I ask is to stay top!!!!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expecting Jay, Richardson and possibly Fisher to start tonight but not sure who'll be left out if they do. Lee Martin for Jay seems logical. Tom Parkes might even get the nod over Martin at centre back.