• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle official matchday thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 50/50 is still unclaimed. £855 available if you have ticket number 39235.
It was obviously an Argyle fan as most of them had left by the time the draw was made 😀👋👋👋

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match in a minute :)

Redarrow

Still haven't calmed down since Saturdays result!!

Just one more thing........GET IN THERE YOU F*****G BEAUTY’S, GET BACK DOWN THE ROAD ARGYLE YOU ABSOLUTE BOTTLERS, GOT NO F*****G AR**H**E AND SATURDAY PROVED IT!!

Lowe out by January is my prediction!!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was obviously an Argyle fan as most of them had left by the time the draw was made 😀👋👋👋
Wow !, he might be able to buy his house !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also a mention for the ref, who clearly knows how to ref derbies. He could easily have gone to his book in the first couple of minutes when Sweeney (I think) had about three goes at their player, but chose instead to calm things down and have a quiet word. That set the tone for what was then a feisty, competitive match played in the right spirit - the way it should be. A less able ref could easily have lost control.
I wonder how much refs look at footage from previous games. Against Forest Green, Lee Martin was penalised every time he came within a yard of a defender but looking at the video clips it's clear that his challenges are almost always legal. Then, by contrast on Saturday we got a penalty and a vital free kick when defenders couldn't cope with those legal challenges.

Joshyd123

First thing the Argyle fan in work said this morning was, ''before you start, you can fack off about football!''

Fantastic news.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
First thing the Argyle fan in work said this morning was, ''before you start, you can fack off about football!''

Fantastic news.
Should have a word with your boss and ask for a pay upgrade for having to work with the gaws fan !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Fantastic news.
Reminds me of when flying back to London the day after our 0-0 with Man United - my dad and I still in our City shirts, and the guy with the scanner saying he was doing a more full search on us as he was a United fan and all his colleagues were Man City* fans and had given him non-stop flak all day.

*IIRC Man City had been dumped out of the Cup that weekend by lower league oppo, but it wasn't seen as being as bad as drawing with a non-league side.

exeter-loyal

Just read all the posts from the weekend after a big celebration over the weekend. Thought we looked decent and thank god most of the play was on the deck, we look a much better team when we play it that way. The energy on Saturday from the players was immense to pressure the ball the way they did for 90 mins was great and they couldn't cope with us. We wanted it they didn't, simple.

All though everyone did well I think it really does help when our midfield is on our game and I'm going to include Lee Martin as I don't actually know where he was playing because he WAS everywhere. Just seen MT say he's never known a player that can keep up that sort of performance for a whole game. Whole defence was sold amazing block by Aaron Martin proper die hard moment from him who I think should remain in that backline despite a lot of people's negative views about him.

That move for the 3rd goal was class and glad Williams got the goal as he deserved that. If we can play like that at home we will be unstoppable. Loved MT interview when he said we lost last weekend 4-0 so I know how Plymouth are feeling. Roll onto Bradford now and if we can be on our game I reckon we will do em. I would say that derby was up their with the Watkins double 4 years back if not better. In fact it was. We smashed em!!!!

Red Devon

Well my Devon Derby record is now P2 W2 F7 A0. I promise not to leave it another 26 years before my next one.

What an atmosphere (my throat is just about better now, and my knees won't thank me for all the bouncing), the players responded in kind.

My MOM was Collins, who seemed to play a lot more advanced than I've previously seen and was rewarded with a fine assist for Williams' goal. Special mention also for Woodman, who I thought was immense throughout, you wouldn't have known he hadn't featured for ages. He may be in his late 50s but he can still put in a shift.

Also a mention for the ref, who clearly knows how to ref derbies. He could easily have gone to his book in the first couple of minutes when Sweeney (I think) had about three goes at their player, but chose instead to calm things down and have a quiet word. That set the tone for what was then a feisty, competitive match played in the right spirit - the way it should be. A less able ref could easily have lost control.
Well my Devon Derby record is now P2 W2 F7 A0. I promise not to leave it another 26 years before my next one.

What an atmosphere (my throat is just about better now, and my knees won't thank me for all the bouncing), the players responded in kind.

My MOM was Collins, who seemed to play a lot more advanced than I've previously seen and was rewarded with a fine assist for Williams' goal. Special mention also for Woodman, who I thought was immense throughout, you wouldn't have known he hadn't featured for ages. He may be in his late 50s but he can still put in a shift.

Thought Collins was on another level Saturday absolutely superb in everything he did.