• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle Matchday Thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to the drop down box on the new thread page, I started this game's thread last season... oh what we'd give for another Ollie Watkins worldie!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Wondered who'd step up to start this one. :) Here's to another resounding Grecian victory. [ecfc]

Now this really is an important game.It's one Tis cannot afford to lose , having already lost 4 competitive home games on the trot including all 3 league fixtures.
I have no clue how we will do but would not be surprised if we got a good thrashing having put in another toothless home display.
Equally another decent derby result is definitely possible. I am obviously hoping for the latter. UTC!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Early start to the day. Shame D&C's finest couldn't cope with the Chiefs being home to Quins.

Have ditched the lucky socks, played 4 lost 4 was not good enough. Don't really enjoy these games, but they have to be done. Will be interesting to see how Reuben Reid will be used, and hopefully David Wheeler will be available.

Jason's match review for those that haven't read it http://www.exeweb.com/2016/09/16/next-up-exeter-city-vs-plymouth-argyle-the-devon-derby-part-i/

PeteUSA

Now this really is an important game.It's one Tis cannot afford to lose , having already lost 4 competitive home games on the trot including all 3 league fixtures.
I agree. I think the fans would settle for a draw if we played well and its a thriller of a match. A loss in embarrasing fashion doesnt bear thinking about. I think the fans will turn on him en mass.

fred binneys head

Just ****ing win lads.

Avening Posse

Like Hants a relatively early start for me as well. Not a clue how this ones going to go. I hate losing to that lot down the road....UTC

rustle

The season's hardly started and here's the biggest game already. Feels a little early but there's a lovely bit of added spice! Giving the lucky socks one more chance, c'mon City let's show 'em who's the best team in Devon ]:)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Just ****ing win lads.
What he said. Go for it city please, right from the kick off.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Beautiful day. Perfect for a game of football. Let's have em.