• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree the service was non existent but he had a golden chance just before halftime.

Why didn’t he just hit it? Should have been full of confidence after the semifinal.
Yep, can’t offer anything in support of him with that one, he messed up big time. Still love him though.

IndoMike

Yep, can’t offer anything in support of him with that one, he messed up big time. Still love him though.
🙄🙄

IndoMike

I wanted a full confession signed by all the players, a day in the stocks in High St (socially distanced) as suggested by Andy, and one season's community service playing real football not big girl's blouse stuff.

PeteUSA

I believe you're in the minority with the "love" statement. To me, Bowman has been the biggest disappointment of all the signings that Taylor has brought in. He cant shoot straight, cant head a ball accurately, and is generally substandard. I'm aware he was given the freedom of the city following the goal he scored v Colchester, but thats all we owe him for. Bowman has to be the first to be shown the door when Taylor has a go at knocking up a retained list. I imagine that Northampton couldnt believe their luck when they realised that he was all they had to deal with as our strike force.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe you're in the minority with the "love" statement. To me, Bowman has been the biggest disappointment of all the signings that Taylor has brought in. He cant shoot straight, cant head a ball accurately, and is generally substandard. I'm aware he was given the freedom of the city following the goal he scored v Colchester, but thats all we owe him for. Bowman has to be the first to be shown the door when Taylor has a go at knocking up a retained list. I imagine that Northampton couldnt believe their luck when they realised that he was all they had to deal with as our strike force.
You post a tunnel full of turd however that is right up there even by your dire standards.

LDNGrecian

You think we would have got in the top half without his goals?

Banksy

Where’s Jamie Cureton when you need him? Bet he would have hit it and then some!

IndoMike

Very probably because we would have signed a different striker.You can't just say "without his goal blah blah blah". You can't just subtract his goals and not add the goals of whoever we signed instead of him.
Anyway, we're still in Div 2 now so it's partly a mute point.

PeteUSA

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I dont recall Bowman scoring any more than two good goals out of that major tally of his. I dont class his goal v Colchester as being good. Their keeper was the oldest player on the pitch, and it showed. He'd already let an easy one slip under his body which I would have saved, and he'll be disappointed with the one from Bowman. The ball passed him well within his reach but he couldnt get down in time! Bowman must have wondered how the f**k that got in!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I dont recall Bowman scoring any more than two good goals out of that major tally of his. I dont class his goal v Colchester as being good. Their keeper was the oldest player on the pitch, and it showed. He'd already let an easy one slip under his body which I would have saved, and he'll be disappointed with the one from Bowman. The ball passed him well within his reach but he couldnt get down in time! Bowman must have wondered how the f**k that got in!
I don't think you'd have saved it, you wouldn't have got anywhere near it. You're slow getting down to low stuff these days and it's a right job getting you back up again - all you would have done is yelled and berated your defence to hide your failings.

Sorry Pete, you're released.