• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Dannyred

Why didn’t the highest wage earner play again ?

C j phill

and we then went 3-1, but the thing is I won't argue that that was a massively depressing experience, but come on don't be blinded by hatred of Tisdale, this was worse, we were never in it from the first whistle, we had a nice spell before Moxey got sent off, but there was no penetration, we were second best from the start, went 1-0 down early and ended up losing 4-0, our first match at Wembley without a goal, it was humiliating, I am going to be embarrassed to go back to work, and get the argyle and a couple of chip-nickers laugh at me. Coventry have more kudos than Northampton too.

I hated the Coventry match, I thought the selection was poor, but of course at 0-0, with subs to come we could have switched it round, thought we probably had the best chance of a dour first half, here there was nothing, literally nothing to hang onto, the selection had not one young player from our academy, he went for old lags over yoof almost for every position, we looked like that too, never at the races, from start to finish. Where was bloody Archie?

In the end though, hopefully he'll learn from it, maybe he actually caught the conservatism bug from Tis and this will free him, I won't condemn totally on one bad match after a decent season.
[/QUOTEi dont think it's been a decent season I think we under achieved.

flakey pasty

Hard to think how tonight could have gone any worse.

NZGrecian

You’ve already revealed your hand, it says complete tw@t
Hahaha. Not bad. But that hurts. Especially when I’m just a lad trying to make cash

dommers

Because Taylor has no idea about forwards

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
and we then went 3-1, but the thing is I won't argue that that was a massively depressing experience, but come on don't be blinded by hatred of Tisdale, this was worse, we were never in it from the first whistle, we had a nice spell before Moxey got sent off, but there was no penetration, we were second best from the start, went 1-0 down early and ended up losing 4-0, our first match at Wembley without a goal, it was humiliating, I am going to be embarrassed to go back to work, and get the argyle and a couple of chip-nickers laugh at me. Coventry have more kudos than Northampton too.

I hated the Coventry match, I thought the selection was poor, but of course at 0-0, with subs to come we could have switched it round, thought we probably had the best chance of a dour first half, here there was nothing, literally nothing to hang onto, the selection had not one young player from our academy, he went for old lags over yoof almost for every position, we looked like that too, never at the races, from start to finish. Where was bloody Archie?

In the end though, hopefully he'll learn from it, maybe he actually caught the conservatism bug from Tis and this will free him, I won't condemn totally on one bad match after a decent season.
Fair enough, as you say maybe Taylor's lack of experience got the better of him. The Coventry game can be seen in relation to the Blackpool game. That year we got an equaliser before half time and then didn't show up in the 2nd half because he was too negative. Maybe I was being too optimistic for the handbrake to be taken off a little 12 months later.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Williams, Maxted and Collins the only players to come out of that with any credit, Sweeney looked a good stone overweight...Nige, Jake, Matin and Moxey were so poor Bowman wasn’t much better either and as for Fisher what a waste of a shirt....I feel for MT knowing how passionate and enthusiastic he is to be let down by his players like that.

NZGrecian

We are all in this together

C j phill

I don't think we had a decent season, with the squad we had, I think we under achieved.

dontpassback

He needs to FRO as well !