• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey has let the club down badly. How many times has he been sent off since his return to the club.

Legohead

Banned
Yep. Taylor picked the wrong keeper for this game.
No. The 11 that started weren't particularly bothered about winning.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still think Taylor has a lot to offer and should be kept for next years hopeful division 2 push. We would have seen a few hammerings as a league 1 club . There will be one to many league 1 clubs who will quickly find out Curle’s crude football from the off and hopefully they get relegated just as quick .

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey can forget playing for us next season as far as I'm concerned after that.

Get one back and you never know.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Great miss by Morton!

zeefour

No worse than the foul on Williams earlier. And no card for the elbow that kicked it off.
And one of their players could have been sent off for a second yellow not given too. City been abject up until Collins came on. First half, playing tactics that were clearly wrong to anyone. Lack of passing or intensity either. But ref has hardly helped.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted more exposed than a flasher by his defenders again.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We seem to be doing no worse with 10 players than 11
If we just have 5 players on we could win 👍

C j phill

Tactics and player selection completely wrong.

Pobbop

I think it's a fair enough point to make. I'm prepared to give him a second chance to make amends for the failings this season and failings next season should mean he leaves his post. That's fair I believe.

Nothings fair ATM, as you are talking as if we are in normal circumstances, we are not, we've just spunked a couple oh hundred grand up the wall, to fail to get promoted (not arguing with that btW, no choice), yet in the end we must cut our cloth accordingly as every club will do, we may be in a perilous position financially and just happy to survive.

It also decides on who we keep, i.e. who have contracts, who will take pay cuts, who can move on and pick up a better wage.

anyway suffice to say I have always been more nervous about our financial position after this than this result.