• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt needs a team
Edited for factual.
What an absolute waste of yet another bleddy season. If Only we could have signed Doyle instead of that waste of a wage Ajose.

IndoMike

If we get one, we'll get two.
But if Matt doesn't ring the changes at half- time we don't have a bat in hell's chance.

CC

I feared this, Northampton always seem to outmuscle us.
I'm just glad that we approached the game positively and looked to attack and made sure we didn't leave with any regrets...

LOG

They play just about the most basic style of football yet we can’t cope with it.

Changes needed and now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inept, worst performance of the season and we save it for Wembley. Northampton are disgusting to watch but effective and we just can't deal with them. They deserve to be 4 up.

scottus86

Bowman and Taylor let us down a bit. Great saves from Maxter. We need to get in the ball a bit more. Maybe change to a back four with 5 in midfield and Bowman upfront. Fisher for Jay and Richardson for Parkes. Back four of Sweeney, Martin, Parkes and Moxey. Midfield 5 of Jay, Taylor, Antangana, Law and Williams.

PeteUSA

Well boys, you wanted Maxted. I know all about the regulation run of the mill saves he made towards the end of that half, but he was more than culpable for both their goals. The first took a deflection, but Maxted was already going in the right direction to still save that. Then that second. FFS He was ambling towards that goalbound attempt and had he tried harder, he'd have surely got that. That ridiculous miss-kick of his in the first five minutes probably signalled to Northampton that he's no great shakes! Without doubt, Ward should have started.

Pobbop

Imagine paying for travel , tickets and accommodation to watch this tripe. At least we have a trip to Bolton next year . And I wish Curle’s hackers nothing but bottom of the table misery

Well it's my one consolation, that I haven't paid 100s of pounds to be embarrassed this time, but it's not much of one TBH.

arthur

A left back would be a good idea. I agree with Ryan Lowe ' "stop the crosses"

STURTZ

Richardson can run as fast as he likes but as long as he hasn't got a left foot the cross isn't going to come (pretty basic really), even if it did our strikers wouldn't get to it.

elginCity

Our defending has been like a pub team!
Sweeney wouldn't like out of place for Barley Mow B