• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town : L2 : 7.45pm : MDT

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope I’ve got the right day 😎

Will Podge start in place of Nombe ? I suspect he will.

The start of a run of games against teams around the top of the division.

Alistair20000

Probably not going to get back from Dorset in time this evening to make the SJP scene for this one. :(

Hoping for a win but Northampton are our nemesis.

CWH-NYC_

Wet and windy with a win will do nicely. Can’t imagine we will see much precision passing in the predicted conditions. Await the official weather update from our resident expert.

Red Devon

40 mph wind forecast to be blowing towards the big bank tonight.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What is it about Northampton Town that we have a such a poor record against them? Will be forking out a tenner and watching the game later.

Jason's preview

denzel

Big day for Chas today!

Hope we can put the pointless cup behind us as get back to second tonight

crocks

The next 4 weeks could define City's season. A very important run of games where we can judge just how good , or otherwise, this squad is.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the game could be off...

If it's on, I'm looking forward to it but expecting a stop/start, low quality game which I think will be decided by one goal.

David Treharne

Just to confirm everybody's worst fears, it's absolutely throwing it down in Exeter. We've had 12mm rain in the last 24 hours, yesterday mainly in the form of very heavy showers, but overnight a constant downpour which has been blown along by a southerly wind gusting up to 40mph. It could well dry up later as the wind direction looks likely to change to Sw from S, but any gain from that will be cancelled out by dropping barometric pressure. Agree with Devon Red abaout the likely nature of the game tonight. Remarkably at the time of writing it's 10c, quite a considerable rise from yesterday. I'll update around 12:00 GMT, but which time I hope the current heavy rain will have abated, and possibly stopped. Not ideal conditions for a game against Northampton.

Ex-Mascot

Deffo "big coat" weather tonight