• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town discussion thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Visser deserves a start, especially after captain cockup's recent performance.

IndoMike

One of two things will happen. I'll finish work on time and it will be $4it or I won't finish work on time and it will be the best game of the season so far.
Murphy's Law.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think that Mr Taylor will be scratching his head re team selection. I would bring Richardson in for Sweeney (or could Woody play on the right?) and Taylor in for Law and Fisher in for Bowman.
Im not sure that Fisher did himself any favours with his performance against Oxford. I think it says a lot that Ben Seymour changed the game upfront when he came on. In addition, whilst Richardson is a good player, he is nowhere near as good defensively as Sweeney. I would still probably opt for Sweeney over him given their respective skill set. I can see a right side of Williams and Richardson getting "rinsed" defensively in a game.

crocks

I would try Woody at right back but the chances of him even starting on Saturday (after playing last night) let alone being on the right of defence are extremely slim.

Rosencrantz

I would try Woody at right back but the chances of him even starting on Saturday (after playing last night) let alone being on the right of defence are extremely slim.
He was also withdrawn due to a knock from the first half according to Matt in his post match interview. Sweeney actually played pretty well when he came on last night.

Red Devon

He played there away at Blackpool on the opening day of the 2016/17 season and had a awful game....a right foot standing on being the problem!

benjisheps

Im not sure that Fisher did himself any favours with his performance against Oxford. I think it says a lot that Ben Seymour changed the game upfront when he came on. In addition, whilst Richardson is a good player, he is nowhere near as good defensively as Sweeney. I would still probably opt for Sweeney over him given their respective skill set. I can see a right side of Williams and Richardson getting "rinsed" defensively in a game.
I'd agree with this Martin, and I wouldn't be surprised (if he's fit) Woodman starting over Sparkes on Saturday. With the way Northampton play in terms of being so direct I think MT may opt for Woody's experience. I also think Tom Parkes may come back in as well to help deal with the aerial bombardment that will probably take place!!

Corey

I'd agree with this Martin, and I wouldn't be surprised (if he's fit) Woodman starting over Sparkes on Saturday. With the way Northampton play in terms of being so direct I think MT may opt for Woody's experience. I also think Tom Parkes may come back in as well to help deal with the aerial bombardment that will probably take place!!
The fact that MT decided to start with Woodman for the Trophy game suggests to me that he wasn’t planning on playing him on Saturday. I don’t think he wants him playing two games a week if he can help it.

benjisheps

The fact that MT decided to start with Woodman for the Trophy game suggests to me that he wasn’t planning on playing him on Saturday. I don’t think he wants him playing two games a week if he can help it.
I did think that but also thought that if he were going to use him Saturday he may want him to get 60 minutes in before the weekend, which he basically did. Be interesting to see.

GrecianExile

I think this is a really tough game given the Cobblers current rich vein of form.

I’m going for a 1-1 draw with Fisher coming off the bench to score in front of 3932 fans