• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Newport County Match Day -Boxing Day Thread.

dontpassback

Another clean sheet and 3 points,not pretty,but pretty effective and gives us a bit of space from the play off pack,so well done to all and UTC !

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed it, strangely. The unyielding endeavour and spirit of the whole team in difficult conditions, the comedy slips and mis-kicks, the ‘ref’, our Nige taking charge of the stretcher as the bearers could do no more than waddle across Passchendaele (To be fair one of them looked to be carrying an injury, bad limp, probably shrapnel). Yes, found it all quite entertaining, a win, clean sheet and a good goal too. Even Randall bagged a yellow after fronting up ! Love it !!

Spoonz Red E

As a matter of fact I just wondered how many hardy souls paid to watch that total ***** game! It was so bad I stopped watching it well before the end! It was so bad that even Huxtable had an outstanding game!

muppetdodger

As a matter of fact I just wondered how many hardy souls paid to watch that total ***** game! It was so bad I stopped watching it well before the end! It was so bad that even Huxtable had an outstanding game!
Well this sums you up. What a tool. I really enjoyed this game; it had everything. Mud larking, feistiness, bookings, commitment, a dreadful referee who reacted to the crowd, a great goal, a keeper from Newport who was good first half dreadful second half, comedy, injury and a great crowd. Which planet do you live on? Planet clueless. Plus we are second in the league- clear second!

Steve H

One day we will get to watch a match when it's not lashing it down and blowing a gale but for now I'm just glad of the points and forget needing it to be the 'beautiful game'

I make that 13 points from the last 15......

Colesman Ballz

Well this sums you up. What a tool. I really enjoyed this game; it had everything. Mud larking, feistiness, bookings, commitment, a dreadful referee who reacted to the crowd, a great goal, a keeper from Newport who was good first half dreadful second half, comedy, injury and a great crowd. Which planet do you live on? Planet clueless. Plus we are second in the league- clear second!
We could be Played 23, Won 23 with a 25pt lead, and the old duffer would still be complaining Lol !

grecIAN Harris

Poor conditions so it was never going to be a classic but the result again should have been more comfortable than it was. As I said earlier, we were comfortable and I didn't think Newport were going to cause us too many problems. All we had to do was step it up for a bit after half time and we would get the second that would finish them off. But we didn't and then we're left sweating on a something out of nothing chance going in. I don't think Taylor helped the situation with a lack of substitutions earlier than he did actually get around to doing it. He needs to freshen things up quicker to maintain the momentum. A word for Lee Martin, I've battered the bloke for weeks because of his complete inability to play up front but he had a good game today. It has to be said though a lot of his best work came between the channel and the touchline where he did look dangerous. He took his goal well but I'm not sure whether that came from him being too slow in getting into the box with his strike partner or whether it was planned. Either way, he hit as sweet as a nut when the ball fell to him and that was ultimately the winner. Big Nige man of the match for me. Why did somebody somebody suggest in the last few days about putting, or starting Tilly, to do a screening job in midfield? We've got Big Nige. He does all that and more. He gives an ariel presence, he can pass, he has an ability to drive out from deep midfield with the ball. All things you could only dream about Tilly doing.
And then on to that fat,useless tw@t in the middle. Did I read Pete bumbling on about 'excellent Huxtable'? Really????? Two blatant red cards for elbows missed in the first. Decisions the wrong way (even if some of them were in our favour). Fouls given for bugger all. He is still an North Devon League Division 2 referee.

Coppers

Poor conditions so it was never going to be a classic but the result again should have been more comfortable than it was. As I said earlier, we were comfortable and I didn't think Newport were going to cause us too many problems. All we had to do was step it up for a bit after half time and we would get the second that would finish them off. But we didn't and then we're left sweating on a something out of nothing chance going in. I don't think Taylor helped the situation with a lack of substitutions earlier than he did actually get around to doing it. He needs to freshen things up quicker to maintain the momentum. A word for Lee Martin, I've battered the bloke for weeks because of his complete inability to play up front but he had a good game today. It has to be said though a lot of his best work came between the channel and the touchline where he did look dangerous. He took his goal well but I'm not sure whether that came from him being too slow in getting into the box with his strike partner or whether it was planned. Either way, he hit as sweet as a nut when the ball fell to him and that was ultimately the winner. Big Nige man of the match for me. Why did somebody somebody suggest in the last few days about putting, or starting Tilly, to do a screening job in midfield? We've got Big Nige. He does all that and more. He gives an ariel presence, he can pass, he has an ability to drive out from deep midfield with the ball. All things you could only dream about Tilly doing.
And then on to that fat,useless tw@t in the middle. Did I read Pete bumbling on about 'excellent Huxtable'? Really????? Two blatant red cards for elbows missed in the first. Decisions the wrong way (even if some of them were in our favour). Fouls given for bugger all. He is still an North Devon League Division 2 referee.
Nothing to do with Lee Martin being slow to get in the box, the chance would have not come about without his great pass in the build up which put the ball out wide for Randall. Brilliant!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
As it would have only cost you what £7.69 in real money ? perhaps you could apply for a refund from ifollow ? Or better still we could have a whip round on Exeweb for you.
P.S. NO ONE who was actually at the game has said the great fat land whale had an "outstanding game" …. apart from you that is ! So that doesn't count.
Anyone who was there would probably say he was slightly less incompetent than normal which still means him and the lino on the Doble need to lose about 3-4 stone a piece so they can keep up with play to be able to make correct call when the ball crosses the line especially when its in the goalies hands !!

denzel

Newport fans sang less than complimentary songs about him in the first half. I'm not sure if that was due to him not awarding them a clear corner or for something else. Plus the number of brawls showed he was never in control of the game.