• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Kick Off: 6.00PM

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
F@^¥"¿g B@$£@&d S*** B○○%¥$ P!$$ C*€# C£@* rubbish. Where is the team playing running football? Where are the players hiding who handed out a couple of 5 goal hidings the other side of new year, has MT learnt anything yet or do we have to wait a few years yet? Fracking well frucked off with pi$$poor couldnt give a fackinshit displays. As if fackin lockdown ain't fackin bad enough. Talkaboutbuild you up just to kick you in the nuts. Bol.locks.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because
Can someone explain to me that after 2 years in charge, why is our manager still playing around with systems and making double substitutions after 20 minutes??
Because at least one was injured ?

GJW

Surely a pre-requisite of being a football commentator is that you actually know something about football? Or can identify which player is which? The bloke on iFollow tonight failed dismally on both counts. And his co-commentator wasn't much better.

I assume they are provided by Radio Devon?
The best commentators do their homework and identify the players, home and away. They talk about the game or other relevant and interesting stats. Chuck in the odd bit of humour but take it seriously. The best co commentators are ex players, in my opinion, as they have been there and done it and generally know what they are talking about. Non players are fine if they can bring something to the table. Not easy though.

C j phill

Too many players under par tonight, far too many simple passes going astray. We had spells in the game where we created some pressure but couldn't make any clear chances. We actually looked less dangerous after Seymour went off. He at least had the best bit of individual play of the game to win the ball, beat his man and get a good left foot shot off.

The main disappointment is that games like these come along every so often. But we need to make sure they end up 0-0. Despite a very solid display, I don't think Morecambe had to be that good going forward to score twice tonight. To get caught out by two balls over the top is shoddy defending, no pressure on the ball, no pushing out or tracking, instead in no man's land and a goalkeeper stuck in his six yard box. The second was particularly poor.

We have so many games to play in a short time, we need to strike a balance of rotation without losing any rhythm to our play. One thing I would like though is for our best all round goalkeeper to play. Jonny is a good shot stopper, his save Saturday showed that, but Ward is a better keeper.
And Andresson is better than both. I said, after his return to Reading, that Taylor should get him back for the remainder of this season in the January window and bin either Ward or Maxted.

Red Devon

Morecambe didn’t need to get out of second gear all match they just looked so comfortable...our attacking play is so weak without Randall and Williams adding some proper width and running at defenders, Seymour May has well of handed Bowman his shirt when he went off as Ryan was nowhere to be seen. I don’t know where Atangana and Caprice are going with their careers they add very, very little too often now...Law and Jay worked hard and tried to be inventive but we quite simply didn’t have it in us to win the game.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have said we were very poor tonight in all departments. It will however now be typical of City to go away and beat Carlisle. Having said that even if others also continue to drop points I do not see us having the consistency to finish in the top three.

Rosencrantz

And Andresson is better than both. I said, after his return to Reading, that Taylor should get him back for the remainder of this season in the January window and bin either Ward or Maxted.
Ward is the best keeper on our books and easily good enough for this level and the one above. Jokull is a promising young keeper who commands his area well, as does Ward. Jokull has parts of his game to work on as well as he actually showed tonight with his handling on the floor a few times.

Other positions take priority over goalkeeper at the moment.

C j phill

Ward is the best keeper on our books and easily good enough for this level and the one above. Jokull is a promising young keeper who commands his area well, as does Ward. Jokull has parts of his game to work on as well as he actually showed tonight with his handling on the floor a few times.

Other positions take priority over goalkeeper at the moment.
I'll be interested to see who has the better career in football, Ward or Andresson.

paperclip

The best commentators do their homework and identify the players, home and away. They talk about the game or other relevant and interesting stats. Chuck in the odd bit of humour but take it seriously. The best co commentators are ex players, in my opinion, as they have been there and done it and generally know what they are talking about. Non players are fine if they can bring something to the table. Not easy though.
Absolutely not, and if a commentator can do all of the above then he or she won't be slumming it at Radio Devon for very long. Judging by a few of the comments on here and the many more on Twitter however, I don't think anyone enjoyed their output tonight.

fred binneys head

The best co-commentator by a country mile is Kirky. Knowledgeable, eloquent, passionate about City and a cracking Debn accent. That’s what you need in a co-comm.