• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread - Kick Off: 6.00PM

paperclip

The best co-commentator by a country mile is Kirky. Knowledgeable, eloquent, passionate about City and a cracking Debn accent. That’s what you need in a co-comm.
Which begs the question of why he isn't used more?

tonykellowfan

When the commentator cannot tell the difference between Bowman and Seymour they should be sacked and never be heard of again.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely not, and if a commentator can do all of the above then he or she won't be slumming it at Radio Devon for very long. Judging by a few of the comments on here and the many more on Twitter however, I don't think anyone enjoyed their output tonight.
I certainly didn't, to hear people laughing when we are suffering so is not entertaining! I couldn't give a flying fart if Sweeny is losing his hair!

fred binneys head

When the commentator cannot tell the difference between Bowman and Seymour they should be sacked and never be heard of again.
And Nigel and Caprice. If you’re too lazy / ignorant / racist to tell the difference between our black players, look at their height, their build, their beard, where they are on the pitch, the number on their shirt, the number on their shorts and the fact that one of them wears a f****** white under-top every game. Disgraceful.

fred binneys head

Which begs the question of why he isn't used more?
No idea, maybe he doesn’t want to do any more, or isn’t able to? I’d have him at every game if I was in charge.

ExmouthMart

We just don’t seem to be able to step up when the going gets tough against well organised teams. This hasn’t improved since the play off final last season. Some tough decisions might be needed to steady the ship. You cant keep blaming the pitch, players you don’t want or players who can’t train or play twice a week. We went for continuity after the last Manager and promoted from within but it seems like the last Manager the current one has run out of steam.

STURTZ

Mind you took a long time for Kirky to cotton on to Hartridge's long throw! 🤪

raleighnc

Is it just me but shouldn’t we more interested in tonight’steam performance rather than the feckin’ commentators?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Jon Beer, a young man who is on the Trust board, has occasionally done the co-commentating on youth games on YouTube and is knowledgeable, coherent and has an excellent voice for the job. I might be wrong, but I think he may also have co-commentated on Radio Devon once or twice.

Colesman Ballz

No idea, maybe he doesn’t want to do any more, or isn’t able to? I’d have him at every game if I was in charge.
Which basically asks the question what was his official role inside SJP tonight, if not part of the Commentary team ?