• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v MK Dons Match Day Thread

conker

A great performance. Well done.

Really quite emotional when Stansfield came on. I think I just about held it together!

He might not even get in the team if you play like that every week.

Good stuff.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well deserved win, we were admirable!

ExeterCraic

A great team performance with everyone doing their job and the whole team looking much more settled after all the recent disruptions and distractions. A few deserve a special mention, though - Jevani was constantly heavily marked but was still able to produce his trademarks moments of magic; Josh Key played as well as he has in a very long time and will get a lot of assists when Harry Smith gets on the pitch; Archie and Harry were immense and completely won the midfield battle. However, my man of the match has to be Pierce - instead of struggling to adapt to a higher level of football he just gets better and better.
Sweeneys composure on the ball is really apparent, he fits the right side of the back three perfectly, absolutely delighted he came back to us and I hope he's here for years to come.

Cowshed Grecian

Big up the back 3 there…Brilliant stuff. How good is Sweenz these days!

denzel

Great performance, really good team effort. Should really have been two or three, Sam will be kicking himself and their gk was excellent. Pierce was my MoM today, but also thought Grounds was really good.
I really think we have the tools to be competitive in this league

IndoMike

You didn't read what I wrote did you?
No. You're right. I didn't read your post. I don't bother usually. Do you always think that when somebody replies to another person's post that it's about you?;

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No. You're right. I didn't read your post. I don't bother usually. Do you always think that when somebody replies to another person's post that it's about you?;
He responded to my point.

iscalad

Really good to see Sumns back at St James Park. Be a while before he back in the Lions costume though.
He's retired now.

manc grecian

As comfortable a 1-0 as you can expect. Apart from their chance in the first half MK offered little threat. The only worry was if our pressure would tell and it did.

Shame about Diengs injury bug Harper looked tidy when he came on.

Onwards

iscalad

Both teams tried to play a similar way but we just out-pressed and out-passed MK who had no answer and no plan B.
Yep. Spoke to a couple of MK fans at the bus stop and they were disappointed with how they played. Indeed we were better at it than them.