• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v MK Dons Match Day Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely brilliant performance
That was an absolutely stunning second half from City. We started passing more quickly and more directly and completely controlled the game until we got slightly nervous towards the end. It was just ironic that after 20 minutes of some of the best passing football you could wish to see and some brilliant last-ditch defending and keeping the goal came from a poorly defended corner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seventh:)

thermopylai

wow, scintillating second half, with an emotional moment that is hard to express.

We looked so good across the team, confident and elegant. Sweeney's backheel!

Stanno had a couple of good moments - when he gels with the others we could see something very special - I guess he only met up with the squad yesterday, in which case the level of understanding was very good indeed.

Great, great performance - would have been more impressive it it wasn't for their Superkeeper.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a bit of alright.Feels like we are a threat when it's time to send a few subs on again.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had a funny feeling this could happen, where he doesnt get decent quality service
He' signed yesterday, has been on the pitch for 20 mins, has never played with his team-mates before, and you're saying you had a funny feeling that he won't get decent quality service? I see.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He' signed yesterday, has been on the pitch for 20 mins, has never played with his team-mates before, and you're saying you had a funny feeling that he won't get decent quality service? I see.
You didn't read what I wrote did you?

gilbertshoot

Golly, that brought a tear to the eye.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great team performance with everyone doing their job and the whole team looking much more settled after all the recent disruptions and distractions. A few deserve a special mention, though - Jevani was constantly heavily marked but was still able to produce his trademarks moments of magic; Josh Key played as well as he has in a very long time and will get a lot of assists when Harry Smith gets on the pitch; Archie and Harry were immense and completely won the midfield battle. However, my man of the match has to be Pierce - instead of struggling to adapt to a higher level of football he just gets better and better.

Bridgy 81

Unfortunately I wasn’t at the game today but that was a great result and it sounded like we played really well and thoroughly deserved the win.
That’s 3 wins out of 4 in the league at home and 2 draws out of 3 away.
Hopefully the forthcoming free week will enable the squad to rest a bit, focus on training and integrating our newer players into our shapes and patterns.
I’m looking forward to my trip to South East London next Saturday even more now.