• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Macclesfield Town Matchday Thread

David Treharne

Oh, good! Another season, another opportunity to tell the Manager what he's doing wrong, and tell him things that he already knows and are blindingly obvious. Here's my list!
Pierce Sweeney: Should be second choice right back at best. Too many passes going astray and a player who at the moment has externally visible thought processes, somewhere in the "What the h*ll am I going to do now" category.
Jake Taylor: At the moment a luxury we can't afford. He's not a pivot between the backs and the forwards and needs to be relieved of the captaincy for his own mental well being and allowed time to rethink what the role of a captain actually is.
Don't play Law out wide on the left. Let him play in a central role where he can dictate the game.
How what about blooding at least a couple of the youngsters?
Sort out what your attacking options are going to be. It's a long season and we're going to meet several teams the like of Macclesfield, we need thinkers on the field rather than plodders who can adapt to counter a threat on the field without you standing in the dug-out and shouting at them.
Didn't enjoy the game today, but I guess you didn't either.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh, good! Another season, another opportunity to tell the Manager what he's doing wrong, and tell him things that he already knows and are blindingly obvious. Here's my list!
Pierce Sweeney: Should be second choice right back at best. Too many passes going astray and a player who at the moment has externally visible thought processes, somewhere in the "What the h*ll am I going to do now" category.
Jake Taylor: At the moment a luxury we can't afford. He's not a pivot between the backs and the forwards and needs to be relieved of the captaincy for his own mental well being and allowed time to rethink what the role of a captain actually is.
Don't play Law out wide on the left. Let him play in a central role where he can dictate the game.
How what about blooding at least a couple of the youngsters?
Sort out what your attacking options are going to be. It's a long season and we're going to meet several teams the like of Macclesfield, we need thinkers on the field rather than plodders who can adapt to counter a threat on the field without you standing in the dug-out and shouting at them.
Didn't enjoy the game today, but I guess you didn't either.
But if he already knows it, why persist in making the same mistakes.

Stelios

It is a strange one. Captain and ever-present last season but routinely singled out for criticism here. Games just seem to drift him by. Not terrible. Not great either. Just a bit "meh". Every game. Can't seem to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and impose himself. Agree about the 'pivot' too. Boateng was brilliant at that (on his day).

geoffwp

But if he already knows it, why persist in making the same mistakes.
Yeh, there is a word for trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

grecIAN Harris

It is a strange one. Captain and ever-present last season but routinely singled out for criticism here. Games just seem to drift him by. Not terrible. Not great either. Just a bit "meh". Every game. Can't seem to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and impose himself. Agree about the 'pivot' too. Boateng was brilliant at that (on his day).
He needs to get back to being ginger again....... a bit firey.

ECFC89

Wins a win I suppose. Ward impressed.

Massively soured by a group of fans chanting pro Tommy Robinson songs and calling another fan a paki by the big bank heart. The lad moved away but I have two names of the culprits if anyone wants them. Small minded Devon at its worst
Heard it too.

Tried to justify their chants through saying it was political. Bigots. They still blight are club. Well done on the bloke moving away, which I imagined appeared as a ‘loss’ to the racist....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad performance. Both full backs were really poor, particularly Sweeney who's been $h!t since since Christmas.

Midfield just couldn't get control of the game. Collins got better in the second half but he's not really experienced enough to play that deep midfield position, he doesn't effect the game enough.

Positives were Bowman who's already a legend, Ward who did everything well, and Williams was a threat.

Our superior fitness won the game as Macclesfield were dying in the last quarter of an hour.

First game, 3 points, clean sheet, but still concerned.

manc grecian

Wins a win I suppose. Ward impressed.

Massively soured by a group of fans chanting pro Tommy Robinson songs and calling another fan a paki by the big bank heart. The lad moved away but I have two names of the culprits if anyone wants them. Small minded Devon at its worst
The police would be a good start. Bellends.

CityTillIDie

The police would be a good start. Bellends.
Or the club.

Colesman Ballz

Or the club.
If you are not sure whom to contact at the Club, just let "Spoonz" on reception have the details, and I'm sure that he will forward it on to the appropriate person/Channel.