Exeter City v Macclesfield Town Matchday Thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since I wrote my last post Macclesfield have largely dominated play in what has become a more boring half.

crocks

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dull, dull dull. Macclesfield have plenty of space and time to ping the ball about. Apart from Bowman, City are plop.

scottus86

Defence was ok during that half, looks reasonably solid and comfortable. We have no control or presence in midfield, Williams, Collins and Jake Taylor all playing sloppy or rushed passes. Bowman has worked with the scraps he's been given, Ajose mostly anonymous. I hope we play a bit more football and a little less hoofball in the second half.

SEA Grecian

City have been ok. Both teams have passed the ball around without much in the way of creativity and penetration. For City too many of our crosses have gone straight to the keeper or been headed clear far too easily. Ajose started off ok and had one half chance he should have done better with but was less involved as the game went on. Agree with the other posters that we need to see more from the midfield , especially Nicky Law.

jrg333

Law must play centre midfield. He's wasted out wide. If it means there's no place for JT, so be it.
Or we bring in Lee Martin on the wing, take Sweeney out, play Law in the middle, and try either Jake Taylor or Archie Collins at right back for games like today's which we expect to win.