• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Luton Town Official FA Cup Matchday Thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've beaten Brentford and Chelsea kids in cups at SJP this season, let's make it a hat trick and get into round 2.

Up the City.

Rog H K

I see now a vision before me of red and white ribbons tied to the handles of the worlds oldest knock out competition. May 27th 2017 at Wembley is our destiny.
It is written!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will it be a good old-fashioned cup tie? Hoping for plenty of entertainment and a home win. See you there later.

Ex-ciderrr

Hoping this good home form in cups continues and we're in the hat for Monday evening.

Last edited:

Oliver

I see now a vision before me of red and white ribbons tied to the handles of the worlds oldest knock out competition. May 27th 2017 at Wembley is our destiny.
It is written!!
What do you reckon...4-1 ?

Kingsman

It will be interesting to see if Isaac Vasell will play this afternoon. Saw him play for Truro last year and has pace to burn. I think he had a trial with City but got offered a contract with Luton. Probably to fast for Tis, his pace would have given a new dimension.

David Treharne

Chilly overnight temperature down to 1c. It's currently 5c, with a nagging NNE breeze that's likely to increase in velocity during the morning. On the upside there's been no rain the last 24 hours and there's 100% blue sky with no visible cloud, so if that continues it'll be a day for sunglasses and several layers of clothing.
I have to admit that I've seldom been as uninterested in the FA Cup as I am today, which must have something to do with our dreadful home record this season (oh and last season too!), so it was a real effort to go and buy a ticket, and I suspect lots of other people may feel the same.
Update at around 13:00

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to admit that I've seldom been as uninterested in the FA Cup as I am today, which must have something to do with our dreadful home record this season (oh and last season too!), so it was a real effort to go and buy a ticket, and I suspect lots of other people may feel the same.
Almost the same, but unlike you Dave decided many a moon ago not to bother putting in the effort to buy a ticket. If they can't be bothered on the pitch not sure I should be bothered off it. Instead I shall be enjoying the delights of Budleigh Seconds this afternoon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

oldschool

I suppose all those with a negative attitude will be saying how loyal they are when it comes to 3rd round day and a scramble for tickets #cupfever