• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient official match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see that Bowman is also recognised in the L2 TOTW

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find myself asking, would we have won so comprehensively, had they not had a crap keeper, and we getting a gift penalty from the ref.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find myself asking, would we have won so comprehensively, had they not had a crap keeper, and we getting a gift penalty from the ref.
Matt Taylor has consistently stated that football is about "moments" and making the most of them. We did that in spades yesterday which was why we won.

LOG

If me aunty had bowlocks...

Spoonz Red E

The other team are perfectly entitled to test our goalkeeper ...

Grecian2K

If me aunty had bowlocks...
We'd have beaten Newport and finished with 11 men against Crawley!! :p

In the end it usually all evens out.

But chin old Pete old boy. I'm sure we'll lose again soon, just to keep you happy.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ref was in a good position to judge the penalty and didn't need the linesman to hold his hand while he made a decision. I will go with that.

Jay's shot hit a pothole in the penalty box.Planned or accidental?Only the groundsman can answer that one.

PeteUSA

The ref was in a good position to judge the penalty and didn't need the linesman to hold his hand while he made a decision. I will go with that.

The referee wasn't in a good position to judge that penalty, he was behind the play. I think its safe to say that all of us ifollowers were excellently placed though, and could easily judge there was no contact to bring about a penalty kick. Players fouled from behind dont just buckle and go to ground like a collapsing clothes airer!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The referee wasn't in a good position to judge that penalty, he was behind the play. I think its safe to say that all of us ifollowers were excellently placed though, and could easily judge there was no contact to bring about a penalty kick. Players fouled from behind dont just buckle and go to ground like a collapsing clothes airer!
I thought it looked a soft decision. However, if that was the case, why did none of their players not appeal to the ref. Seems bizarre unless they all thought it was.

Trapdoor

There was contact and it was in the box.
The question is whether JRs touch was too heavy so was he even going to be able to shoot.
I think it's soft but you see them given every week. Clumsy challenge from behind, in the box, you've got to expect a pen to be awarded.