• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient official match day thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
:ROFLMAO:
Best AI player management since Alex Inglethorpe.

These 1pm kick offs presumably means the media team start drinking earlier 😉

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Subs didn't make much impact.The game was already over.Dont agree with all the criticism Atangana is getting .We bought him at a time when our build up play was much slower.This fast ,high energy attacking style isn't his game.He needs more time for his passing and he hasn't got that extra yard of pace.City have moved on,that's all it is.
I agree that Atangana hasn't been as bad as some have suggested; however, the frustration is that he's getting game time ahead of Kite, who you'd like to think could do just a good job.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Important to see this game for what it was, a match against a conference standard team, which we won with four goals which might be considered fortunate.
The league table suggests this is not true and that Orient are a comfortably mid-table League 2 side. However, as Matt Taylor said in his interview, this was a second long trip in a row for them and we did well to take advantage of their sluggish start. Would just have been nice to have shared the fortunate goals over the last 2 games rather than use up all our luck yesterday.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't read the entire thread so it may have already been mentioned, I watched the game live however having watched the highlights it looks like Randall was tripped just outside the box for our penalty.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

IndoMike

Very good work by Bowman to.put Randall through and great dummy by Matt Jay to
let the ball run through to Randall 👍

Colesman Ballz

I haven't read the entire thread so it may have already been mentioned, I watched the game live however having watched the highlights it looks like Randall was tripped just outside the box for our penalty.
You are Pate and I claim my £5 ! 🙂

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very good work by Bowman to.put Randall through and great dummy by Matt Jay to
let the ball run through to Randall 👍
Yes, that control and pass from Ryan was really very good. With Alex Fisher unfortunately unable to come close to matching Ryan's contribution, I would think that makes Ryan possibly our most important player for the rest of the season.

My other thought on watching the highlights again was that every keeper seems to have dived the same way when MJ takes a penalty. Surely at some point a keeper will call his bluff and dive the other way.

IndoMike

Yes, that control and pass from Ryan was really very good. With Alex Fisher unfortunately unable to come close to matching Ryan's contribution, I would think that makes Ryan possibly our most important player for the rest of the season.

My other thought on watching the highlights again was that every keeper seems to have dived the same way when MJ takes a penalty. Surely at some point a keeper will call his bluff and dive the other way.
I've knocked Bowman quite a lot, but over his last couple of games he seems to have upped his quality. I feel he's puffing his chest out a bit
and saying "screw you" to his critics (y) (y) (y) . Definitely playing better imo.
Matt Jay's penalties are a bit scruffy - this last one was the typical "if the keeper hadn't moved he would have saved it" - but they do move and he did.
Still, if it works - (y)

According to my Fotmob app stats Fisher lost 29 out of 30 'duels' with the opposition in the Crawley game. Even a non-scoring Bowman is vital for our success.

Re Matt Jay's penalties, surely the best tactic for a keeper is to just stand still. Every keeper so far this season has made his decision easy for him by diving early.