• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient official match day thread

Exehausted

It's ok to disagree, mate
I'll come back to.your post after the match
Match started..
Hi again Mike. I'm not trying to be wise after the event but when we went 4-0 up that would have been the ideal time to bring on Kite or Dean or both. We lost a lot of influence in the middle when Nigel came on. He was slow, his first touch was poor and he gave away two free kicks in dangerous positions. The first one Jokul saved but couldn't hold and the second one he tipped over. I honestly believe Will and Harry would have done so much better. The rumour that we have offered Nigel something for next season I find very disappointing. After letting Nicky go I can't believe Matt would consider keeping him. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but I just can't see what he gives us.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We could field a team now. I am sure there are not many in League Two that could do that. How about a team of:

(GK) Harry Lee
(RB) Josh Key
(RCB) Jordan Dyer
(LCB) Alex Hartridge
(LB) Jack Sparkes
(RCM) Archie Collins
(CM) Matt Jay
(LCM) Harry Kite
(LW) Nelson Iseguan
(ATT) Ben Seymour
(RW) Joel Randall

Not a terrible side that could probably do a job.
The team spirit would be immense...

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team spirit would be immense...
More like Teen Spirit Mike :D

Colesman Ballz

Commentator right at the end ..
"the referee looks at his whistle and blows his watch" :)
Almost a "spoonerism" there Mike ! :)

IndoMike

Calm down🤣
If we could keep them all (we won"t) then I'm pretty sure we could. The yoof is the future, Always.

andrew p long

Why do they think city fans care about the Plymouth line up?
that's the problem when a service that City fans pay for (ifollow) uses Radio Devon commentary. Pleasingly the commentator was apologetic about all this lengthy stuff about frequencies that you could later listen to Argyle or the rugby - when there were key moments in City's game going on!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Geddon Donny (y)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Commentator right at the end ..
"the referee looks at his whistle and blows his watch" :)
I switched to the away commentary after the BBC chap got our players mixed up for the 5th time and mentioned that lot 40 mileish W of the the Fairer City of Exeter for the 2nd !
The O's commentators were better informed about the Grecians than our BBC chap and several times commented that we are the best footballing side in L2 they have seen so far. They loved our pressing and mentioned the number of our academy players in our side a lot.
Come on BBC SW - time to wear neutral colours !
Afram City

Legohead

Banned
Another high energy, high tempo, committed performance by all and this time we did get the luck and the chances that our dominant play deserved. So pleased for Matt Jay and Joel Randall in getting the goals. I had expressed a concern that both, especially Jay had not been producing the end product that their play recently had warranted but both did shove that back in my face today and i'm so happy they have!

Bowman also showed why we miss him and his presence up there and is integral to so much of what we do and how we play. Worked his socks off and battled for every ball. The pass for the Randall goal was inch perfect. I'm not a massive fan of Bowman, as others are but so glad to have him back.

Jake Taylor awesome in the middle. Pleased also with the back two of Hartridge and McArdle who did really well too. Rory will be relishing a trip back to his old club Scunny on tuesday night. A ground on which i've seen him score a few for the Iron.

Overall another excellent performance. If we forget the Crawley game, the last 3 have been great to watch and shown us to play a standard of football that is too good for this level of football.

Credit to Matty too. He's got the players back on the horse and now we can build on this win with a couple of tough games ahead of us next week.

Pleased for everyone today, a thoroughly deserved smashing of yet another ordinary L2 side and this has been coming.

andrew p long

I liked the commentator overall but (as Harris pointed out) he says

'far hand side' (three times today). But a new one today was:-

'bottom hand corner'