• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient Match Day Thread.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
ryancooper: You choose to ignor the incident near the end where Williams went down and rolled over and over like he'd been hit by a bus! Soon got up none the worse.

grecIAN Harris

Bumbling Brett would have managed to have sent one of them off as it would have meant him being in the limelight.
I thought they made Wycombe look like choir boys. At least Wycombe try to be subtle with their 'game management'. Orient couldn't clear their lines as well as they could kick the ball away to kill time. As for their blatent thuggery.... like I said, Bumbling Brett would have had a field day getting his cards out.

grecIAN Harris

ryancooper: You choose to ignor the incident near the end where Williams went down and rolled over and over like he'd been hit by a bus! Soon got up none the worse.
The speed Williams was going the way he was cleaned out it's any wonder he rolled a few times.

Citygaff

Oh dear ! I fear that you were "reeled in" good and proper by that pesky Phoenix Kid !
Oh yeah looks like he has a history of it. I have been had hook line and sinker!
Worse than Brett Huxtable? :eek:
For me yeah, but doesn't have the same arrogance though.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sort penalty? That was the most inept referee i have seen for a long time. Orient had 7 players booked for the cynical tactics and should have had two players sent off as he failed to book there #2 for going thorough Sparkes and the #8 for a horrendous dive scream and rolling around only to pop back up on his feet after 10 seconds. That penalty was the only thing he got right.
Agree 100% and the assistant on the IPS Stand side was just as bad.

Jam Doughnut

The most shocking refereeing I’ve seen in a long time
I have seen a fair few worse than that , at least he added the time wasting time on at the end and he gave us the penalty ,which could easily not have been given by most refs

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the referee was excellent, the two linesmen, not so much. He added a much deserved 7 minutes, which I didnt see coming. That came back to bite the timewasting keeper in the ass. I didnt think that was a 'stonewall' penalty by a long stretch, and wouldnt have been surprised if it had been waved on; definitely played for. Ward disappointed me with their first; approach off his line left a lot to be desired.
You and no doubt the 438 Orient supporters.....every other member of the crowd saw him for what he was a useless little pillock who had no control over the game whatsoever.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 4th official signalled that the ball was a yard out of play!
That is a ludicrous comment it was right in front of us.....close but the ball was not out of play.

Exehausted

I have seen a fair few worse than that , at least he added the time wasting time on at the end and he gave us the penalty ,which could easily not have been given by most refs
Every time there was an incident the fourth official had his note book out and he seemed to be recording the time to add on. Hopefully this is part of the new rules for time being added as John William explained earlier in the week. Get it written down so there isn't just 3 minutes added as often seemed to be the case. I understand Matt's disappointment but overall I thought we were good. Our two wing back terrorised them and although Randell played well I thought Jack Sparkes deserved MOM. His crosses were into the right area nearly all the time and I thought that he did better defensive work than Randall, but that's splitting hairs. We look so dangerous with those two on the pitch. Already looking forward to Tuesday.

Pobbop

Does Aaron getting "the hook" signal another spell in the "boon docks" for him, I wonder ?
He did not have a good game, was a bit of a statue at times, and yeah he possibly wasn't pro-active in getting in there first.

Dragging him off, if there's no injury is pretty damning.