• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool United Official Matchday Thread

Xavi

I didn't see him get over the half way line in the first half
Nards and Taylor were doing little other than stopping the full-backs getting forward during the first half; they were lost in deeper wide positions. Going to the midfield diamond helped a little bit during the second half. Difficult to understand why 442 was ever a preferred formation today given the squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

paperclip

Very diappointing, no energy or guile in the performance at all.

Logan,Bauza and Taylor especially poor!.

Dunne MOM!
Really, on what grounds exactly, I thought he was average at best. Duffy stood head and shoulders above everyone else today, although that's not really saying much to be fair.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
A valiant effort but the BBC one sounds more accurate:

Exeter extended their unbeaten home record to seven games following a goalless draw with Hartlepool.

Pools started strongly and had the ball in the net early on, but Gary Liddle's effort was deemed to be offside.

Anthony Sweeney was then put through on goal for the visitors, but was denied by goalkeeper Artur Krysiak.

The Grecians could have won it late on through Troy Archibald-Henville, but he headed straight into the hands of Scott Flinders to keep the scores level.

And that's yer lot...
I put all of that in the official report (other than the offside effort, but it didn't seem worth it as the ref had blown at least two passes before he 'scored' and the lino had been waving his flag for some time before that) - in what way is the BBC one more accurate?

Grecian1966

Really, on what grounds exactly, I thought he was average at best. Duffy stood head and shoulders above everyone else today, although that's not really saying much to be fair.
Duffy was superb today. His passing and positional play were excellent and he also had to watch for the regular clangers from his partner.

PINHOE RED

Didnt see that many i must admit! The most I counted during the match was 5-6, some siege!!!

Grecian Max

Again, the game was awful and wasn't exactly condusive to a great atmosphere/flag waving. I wish people weren't so negative, we're only trying to make the BB better, what's wrong with that? Give it time :) And join in maybe?!!

Grecian Max

Ps 5-6 more flags than were ever on the BB before the siege army, better than nowt. Charlton and Wednesday will hopefully see a noiser support

Last edited:
The only player with any composure at all. It makes you wonder why it has taken the manager until the last few weeks to play him in his best position. One of the worst first halves I have ever seen at the Park, full of basic mistakes and a surprising lack of confidence considering an away win last week. We improved slightly in the second half but it was pretty awful viewing really. Krysiak made a good save second half but his kicking was woeful-just not good enough And why oh why on the few occasions when we have the ball in wide positions do we not get the ball in the mixer? We just never put the opposition under any pressure-it is just too easy for them.
Very disappointing really-yet another opportunity missed to close the gap on the group of teams above us. We could just regret all the recent points dropped come the end of the season. Doubtless the manager will say it was just another game but it is vital to win at home against teams like this

angeobscur

his kicking was woeful-just not good enough
are you sure you were at the stadium today? Oh sorry the sun was shining and you have not seen probably all my kicks and saves but ok you must be the best coach on this planet and you know better which kick is woeful and which do not

Spoonz Red E

a surprising lack of confidence considering an away win last week.
I can agree with this.

his kicking was woeful
Don't know where this comes from. Didn't think that at all today.