• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Harrogate Town Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay here's the entire game, the alleged "penalty" incident is at 1:17:22 sec. There's no way the officials would have seen that incident as a deliberate handball, its debatable whether it was handball or not since the direction of the ball didn't change. Everybody else was brought into that by our players argument. How on earth could Taylor have seen that from his position, given where he was standing!

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team2/202021/december/exeter-city-vs-harrogate-town-on-15-dec-20/#highlights

The link says highlights, its the entire match at the top of that page.
Taylor can smell a handball at 100m blindfold !
UTC

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect from a number of games when he has reffed us that Mr Swabey is one of those refs who prefers the assistants only to follow his lead except in relation to offside. Both assistants generally only raised their flags to show whose throw it was after he had indicated his view. And it's a brave assistant who conspicuously flags after the ref has said "no penalty".
A brave assistant? No, it's his job.
Any assistant who thinks his only job is to flag for a throw shouldn't be in the game.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Hartridge more of a left of a 3 in defence. He's pretty quick and can sweep behind Parks and Sweeney when needed. He also looked quite confident bringing the ball out from the back and played a great pass to set Sparkes down the left. A nice thing for MT to have a good squad which I haven't said for a while. I bet that most people on Exweb could come up with many variations of formation and 1st 11 and justify each one. We don't have the benefit of seeing them in training everyday.
It looked to me like he lost confidence after that second goal. He was getting the wrong side of his man and his usually good distribution went to shit.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A stonewall penalty when Harrogate player 'controls' the ball with his hand after our free kick when score is 1-1. How the linesman or Referee has not seen that i don't know!!!
From the Bank it looked to me like the ref was unsighted. Unfortunately I think the lino would have been too.

scottus86

It was his first start all the others have been as a sub.
He started against Grimsby in that weird game where we lost but absolutely smashed them.

iscalad

From the Bank it looked to me like the ref was unsighted. Unfortunately I think the lino would have been too.
Assistant referee was in line with me. As clear a handball as you will ever see.

STURTZ

I agree, consciously controlled the ball with his arm.

STURTZ

I actually thought Hartridge had a good game, apart of course from failing to impose himself in those two goals incidents. I hate to see a young player vilified and dissected at a formative period of his development, he will learn or he'll fail I'd like to think that he will become a good player, nice to see his long throw being used as a weapon.

Needs work but he's 21 for Christs sake!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually thought Hartridge had a good game, apart of course from failing to impose himself in those two goals incidents. I hate to see a young player vilified and dissected at a formative period of his development, he will learn or he'll fail I'd like to think that he will become a good player, nice to see his long throw being used as a weapon.

If it was McArdle you would have been all over him like a cheap suit.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think he'll come good. As I said it looked like he lost confidence in that game.