• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Grimsby Town matchday thread. (postponed)

scottus86

Bottom of the league and out of form but we're missing our main striker.

We've scored from all over the pitch this season and if we play as we know we can it should be a walk over.

Saying that, we're going to make hardwork of this but I think we'll get an undeserved 2-1. A bit of a mirror image of that Grimsby game where we absolutely smashed them but they somehow won 2-1.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll win

Avening Posse

I think we will be fine. 3-1 win predicted. I hope whoever replaces Bowman stays calm and remains patient and gets on the score sheet. No disrespect to Grimsby, but they’re bottom and we really need to win games like this if we want to maintain a promotion push

Arthur Davey

Wondering what state the pitch might be in...the view from my bedroom window this morning, well, the Sainsbury's delivery van that just passed is having to turn round as the road is flooded t'other side of the bridge...DSC_2521.JPG

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should be an easy win for City, but Grimsby have a good record recently at SJP. Will be dialling in at 1pm.

Jason's preview

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wondering what state the pitch might be in...the view from my bedroom window this morning, well, the Sainsbury's delivery van that just passed is having to turn round as the road is flooded t'other side of the bridge...
Chas and his team must be despairing. After a few weeks with relatively few home matches they must have been hoping that the worst of the problems with the pitch for this season were over; now it looks like if today's game goes ahead it will wreck the pitch and all their hard work.

CC

I reckon Hartridge and Bowman saw the forecast for today...

STURTZ

Chas and his team must be despairing. After a few weeks with relatively few home matches they must have been hoping that the worst of the problems with the pitch for this season were over; now it looks like if today's game goes ahead it will wreck the pitch and all their hard work.
Yeah, people moan about the state of the pitch but don't seem to take into account just what a Godawful winter we have had and are continuing to have. You got to feel for the groundstaff.

Last edited:

Bongo1959

What times the pitch inspection?

IndoMike

Wondering what state the pitch might be in...the view from my bedroom window this morning, well, the Sainsbury's delivery van that just passed is having to turn round as the road is flooded t'other side of the bridge...View attachment 5470
Great
Wondering what state the pitch might be in...the view from my bedroom window this morning, well, the Sainsbury's delivery van that just passed is having to turn round as the road is flooded t'other side of the bridge...View attachment 5470
Great location, mate. 👍👍