• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

MerleyRed

Tbh, I don’t think the ref noticed. Wonder if the culprits were removed when security went into the crowd.
I think that I am correct in saying that the ref removed a bottle from the pitch himself, so he noticed. As for the culprits, a young kid brought to the attention of the Stewards was spoken too, but I didn't see him being removed. I saw three objects being thrown and understand that one bottle hit an old guy stood at the front of the Bank and covered him with its contents. The guy that identified the kid to the Stewards was then verbally abused by some ****.

This was the third game this season at which I have seen bottles being thrown from the back of the Bank, but as yet have seen no firm action taken to identify and eject the culprits.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

ryancooper327

I think that I am correct in saying that the ref removed a bottle from the pitch himself, so he noticed. As for the culprits, a young kid brought to the attention of the Stewards was spoken too, but I didn't see him being removed. I saw three objects being thrown and understand that one bottle hit an old guy stood at the front of the Bank and covered him with its contents. The guy that identified the kid to the Stewards was then verbally abused by some ****.

This was the third game this season at which I have seen bottles being thrown from the back of the Bank, but as yet have seen no firm action taken to identify and eject the culprits.
Yes the ref made it clear he was moving a bottle off the playing are of the pitch. There seemed to be more stewards than usual Saturday. I saw a ‘steward inspector’ too - was this training of extra stewards for 2 weeks time?

exeter-loyal

And his fishing skills are getting better ! I just read the entire thread no praise for Matt and the team as such just the normal blowing smoke up the ref's ar$e , no mention of Bowman's goal and as for Jonny … Well he just happened to be in the right place at the right time !
Dread to think how many posts there would have been if the FGR goalie had saved ours , It would have been "amazing shot stopper" lol
If it was their keeper up the other end he would of said it was SAVE of the season without doubt!

PeteUSA

So pretty much the same as Schmeical's save from Ivan Zamarano in the Utd v Inter Champions League game when Utd went on to win the treble then? I'm sure it's out there on YouTube somewhere 😉
The radical difference between "jonny" and Schmeicals save is that with Schmeicals stop the forward was always struggling to reach up and make contact with that cross, by the time he did there was very little power in the header and the direction was predictable. The ball was headed towards Schmeical in plenty of time for him to make an easy save, by his standards. Maxteds save was the better of the two because he got across the goal to prevent an obvious goalworthy header; had he stood up and not moved in the same direction as the striker, it would have probably been a goal. I still think Maxteds first save was the better of the two.

exeter-loyal

I still think Maxteds first save was the better of the two.
It was a good save but the second save was far better I'm afraid!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The radical difference between "jonny" and Schmeicals save is that with Schmeicals stop the forward was always struggling to reach up and make contact with that cross, by the time he did there was very little power in the header and the direction was predictable. The ball was headed towards Schmeical in plenty of time for him to make an easy save, by his standards. Maxteds save was the better of the two because he got across the goal to prevent an obvious goalworthy header; had he stood up and not moved in the same direction as the striker, it would have probably been a goal. I still think Maxteds first save was the better of the two.
Nobody is talking about Martin's block in the first half, which was also point saving although we wouldn't have thought it at the time

exeter-loyal

Nobody is talking about Martin's block in the first half, which was also point saving although we wouldn't have thought it at the time
It was an eat your heart out block!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally committed and his reaction afterwards was superb with the fist punch showing his commitment to the cause

IndoMike

Compared with Moxey, Martin is the better defender. Moxey needs to fight it out with Parkes for LCB. Meritocracy, please