• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter 1 Forest Green 0 :

Just listen to the crowd reaction once the ball is finally cleared that tells us What a fantastic save it was

IndoMike

Just listen to the crowd reaction once the ball is finally cleared that tells us What a fantastic save it was
Weird. I'm getting the Bowman goal

pct333

Weird. I'm getting the Bowman goal
I have put up 3 videos altogether.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do we know if the referee has reported us for items being thrown from the Big Bank? When their goal keeper went down near the end of the first half.

Rosencrantz

Quite unbelievable. That Maxted save was good, but all the 'wordlie' bollox is ridiculous. Maxted dived, and more by luck than judgement found his hands directly behind what was a poor header. He could hardly not stop it. Their player headed the ball straight ahead where Maxted was instead of puting it to one side or the other for a definite goal. A very poor goal attempt given the entire goal was gaping. Maxted did well positioning wise to get to the right spot, but please? The first save he made where he parried the ball to safety was better.
So pretty much the same as Schmeical's save from Ivan Zamarano in the Utd v Inter Champions League game when Utd went on to win the treble then? I'm sure it's out there on YouTube somewhere 😉

IndoMike

I have put up 3 videos altogether.
Ok. Found the Maxted save. Good view 👍

Rosencrantz

Exeter 1 Forest Green 0 :

Shows you that Sparkes keeps the ball in at all times. No way the whole of the ball is out.

IndoMike

Shows you that Sparkes keeps the ball in at all times. No way the whole of the ball is out.
Never in any doubt

OmanGrecian

Do we know if the referee has reported us for items being thrown from the Big Bank? When their goal keeper went down near the end of the first half.
Tbh, I don’t think the ref noticed. Wonder if the culprits were removed when security went into the crowd.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So pretty much the same as Schmeical's save from Ivan Zamarano in the Utd v Inter Champions League game when Utd went on to win the treble then? I'm sure it's out there on YouTube somewhere 😉
Jonny would have done that in a City shirt so much better ! lol