• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v FGR FA Cup 2nd Rnd Replay MDT.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I said - no complaints about the pen, but Doidge fell in the wrong direction in making sure the ref knew he was fouled.
Hell. even the bank knew he was fouled. :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hell. even the bank knew he was fouled. :)
Given the ref was booking players for breathing in the direction of the opponent, Doidge really didn't need to fall to win the pen!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Presumably Tillson got his arse kicked righteously by all and sundry in the changing room afterwards for two frankly ridiculous challenges. To be honest he should have been booked twice for each foul: once for the challenge and once for the sheer stupidity. The second one especially was particularly dim witted. I hope Tisdale leaves him in the stands for the next couple of games - idiocy on that scale has no place on a football pitch.
Well he has to for the next game...!

Had he not been booked previously, the second yellow may have been praiseworthy as "taking one for the team" as FGR looked like they could be in otherwise. However, having already been booked, it was stupid stupid stupid.

RyanPugh

Yeah just being on the end of lofted clearances doesn't suit his strengths, he's no Wheeler when it comes to using his head. When we play with players that can get to the goal line and then cross, well we know what Stockley can do in those circumstances!
Last night he put in every effort, noticeably with his extra work in a defensive role when we were a man short. After two hours of running around (which is a lot for a big man) he still had the energy and enthusiasm to stretch for Boateng's cross. 5 FA cup goals in 3 matches. Don't knock it.
No, I agree he wasn't given the right service, hence I said he barely had an impact, I didn't say he didn't put the effort in, or didn't bother because he did.

Terryhall

Nothing should detract from the fact that we were 1 0 down with 10 men for a long period, booed off at half time and still managed to pull back and win the tie. Tremendous effort.
Agree with this.

grecIAN Harris

Well that's two penalties this week that Pym should have saved. I thought Saturdays was bad enough but Tuesdays was even worse. Has Tillson suddenly got Cameroonian parentage and become Benjamin Massing (if you're not old enough watch, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRlJJbtdHc)? Did anybody else think that the FGR red card was harsh? A foul definitely but never a booking.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mark Cooper didn't complain.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that's two penalties this week that Pym should have saved. I thought Saturdays was bad enough but Tuesdays was even worse. Has Tillson suddenly got Cameroonian parentage and become Benjamin Massing (if you're not old enough watch, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRlJJbtdHc)? Did anybody else think that the FGR red card was harsh? A foul definitely but never a booking.
A yellow card doesn't have to be for a single foul, it was clearly given for repeated fouling under Law 12: persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game.

Mark Cooper said it was the right punishment.

manc grecian

He should have got a 2nd yellow 10mins earlier when he blocked Taylor after a 1-2 with Stockley. Was obvious he was on his last warning.

grecIAN Harris

He should have got a 2nd yellow 10mins earlier when he blocked Taylor after a 1-2 with Stockley. Was obvious he was on his last warning.
Not if you've only seen the highlights.....