• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

C j phill

Almost scrambled in.

Really disappointing deliveries into the box today. Richardson seems to have been the only one to get it into a dangerous area, everyone else clears the back post or cant beat the first man.
Dont know what they do in training but Randell William's deliveries were abysmal and more often than not, have been through most if the season.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well inept would be an understatement. Cross the ball, they need their hands held to cross the road. Pass the ball, they need to Google it to find out what it means. So much better when the subs came on, Richardson was a real handful. Lucky to get away with that, need to improve 200% for Tuesday.

STURTZ

Crawley played the conditions better than us. Our trying to play the short ball on the mud on the middle was never going to work Atangana and Moxey were a liability first half, we nearly conceded two before they actually scored. We couldn't get anywhere with tippy tappy out on the wings either, obviously the wind was a factor but we lost possession to easily. Running with the ball was fairly fruitless but I thought Richardson did well when he came on, we got a bit more penetration. Once you accept that Dickenson isn't the type of player to run past players I thought he played as well as anybody but for just about every cross players were too close to the goal with nobody following up, the ball fell to a Crawley player every time. What exactly is Ajose for? He reminds me of that little bloke in Boney M that used to run, and spin around a lot.

Alistair20000

What exactly is Ajose for? He reminds me of that little bloke in Boney M that used to run, and spin around a lot.
:ROFLMAO:

grecIAN Harris

Poor, really poor. I felt sorry for Bowman and Ajose as they had virtually no service all game apart from the header in the first half that Bowman really should have scored. We kept trying to plough through the worst part of the pitch (on the Doble side). Deano was his usual car crash self. Sorry Deano but get to the end of the season and hang your boots up, your time has come. And then we get to replacing a striker with Lee Martin who did bugger all to influence anything again. I could understand Taylor trying a different shape and taking Ajose off but why not bring on the player who has been our standout over the last couple of weeks in Matt Jay. We needed energy and some forward impetus and Matt usually brings this in abundance. Jayden Richardson probably had his best performance in a City shirt with his 20 minute cameo. Oh, and what a save by Wardy in the first half when the score was 0-0.

dontpassback

Well,1st half they played like a team of strangers,couldn’t pass from A to B and as for crossing the ball,what do they do in training,Randell needs to learn to play it simple sometimes instead of the fancy dan stuff,happy with a point because it was a game we could have lost.fair play to yen’s and Crawley,they played the conditions better and I thought they would be tricky,and so it proved,Taylor needs to shake it up a bit before crewe rock up because we need something from that game !

grecIAN Harris

He's got a bad back : people moan when they're in pain.
I'm in pain every time Lee Martin plays up front but I've got to grin and bare it.

Grecianpasty

Poor, really poor. I felt sorry for Bowman and Ajose as they had virtually no service all game apart from the header in the first half that Bowman really should have scored. We kept trying to plough through the worst part of the pitch (on the Doble side). Deano was his usual car crash self. Sorry Deano but get to the end of the season and hang your boots up, your time has come. And then we get to replacing a striker with Lee Martin who did bugger all to influence anything again. I could understand Taylor trying a different shape and taking Ajose off but why not bring on the player who has been our standout over the last couple of weeks in Matt Jay. We needed energy and some forward impetus and Matt usually brings this in abundance. Jayden Richardson probably had his best performance in a City shirt with his 20 minute cameo. Oh, and what a save by Wardy in the first half when the score was 0-0.
Wrong.

Lee Martin brought an energy to the team that was lacking for the best part of the game. Alongside Richardson they both had a positive influence in us getting something from the game.

Moxeys mistakes where one after another, but the lack of energy and touches that ajose had in the game was disgraceful.

As MT mentioned there will be fresh faces on Tuesday. Archie, Richardson, L Martin, Jay and Parkes in for Atangana, Law, Ajose, Moxey and Dickenson on Tuesday.

PeteUSA

I'm in pain every time Lee Martin plays up front but I've got to grin and bare it.

I'm the same about Ward, when he makes no serious attempt to put his body in the line of a possible shot. I know its the same with keepers in the Premier League etc where keepers dont want to get hurt, but I think Ward is particularly poor in that aspect with Maxted not far behind.

Arthur Davey

A point gained from a very uninspiring performance.

Lots of the ball but the final ball in was absolutely dreadful and on the rare occasion we did get a decent ball in it fell to Bowman who couldn't hit a barn door from two yards.

Moxey was awful and Dickenson bar his goal was very wasteful. Bowman didn't win a header or offer any movement and Ajose must wonder why he's bothering giving the dreadful service.

Great performance from Richardson when he came on and he should start in a back 4 on Tuesday
Yep, pretty much my view. Thought Dickenson did improve second half, showed good physical strength down to the wing. Ward saved our bacon at least a couple of times when we were cut open.