• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

CWH-NYC_

Soft goal to give up and then have to work like crazy to get one to go in. Nigel seemed to be stuck in the mud half the time.
Going to drive us crazy till then end- that is for sure.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
he wont get dropped mate, he doesn't even ever get subbed. one of the worst main strikers I can recall us having..
The incredible thing is that RB does not have one single assist to his name. That takes some doing. Not even an accidental assist Williams is our top assister in 2nd place in a list of 200 div 2 'players . Law is our 2nd best with 7 assists.
Anyway, it is what it is

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are we going to moan about then; the penalty that wasnt given, not enough added time, the officials in general, or yet another pathetic attempt by Ward to dive out of harms way when their player was clean through for their goal?
Go on. You start.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was happy with starting line up and MT’s subs but for me Nicky Law still seems off the pace.

PeteUSA

Go on. You start.
Okay then. I thought Ward was very poor (once again) on coming off of his line to challenge for that through ball. He has a habit of diving across a player, leaving only his legs as a flimsy block. For their forward its almost like shooting at an open goal, the likelyhood of the ball striking one of his legs is virtually zero. Even Maxted does the splits across a player and risks getting the ball in the nuts FFS.

Red faced

The incredible thing is that RB does not have one single assist to his name. That takes some doing. Not even an accidental assist Williams is our top assister in 2nd place in a list of 200 div 2 'players . Law is our 2nd best with 7 assists.
Anyway, it is what it is
Really? I didn't know that - not a stat you want as a striker. I think thats why I feel for Ajose, Yes he hasnt clicked yet, but he always looks like he could do something (even if not scoring himself ) . he looks more like a footballer IMO

manc grecian

A point gained from a very uninspiring performance.

Lots of the ball but the final ball in was absolutely dreadful and on the rare occasion we did get a decent ball in it fell to Bowman who couldn't hit a barn door from two yards.

Moxey was awful and Dickenson bar his goal was very wasteful. Bowman didn't win a header or offer any movement and Ajose must wonder why he's bothering giving the dreadful service.

Great performance from Richardson when he came on and he should start in a back 4 on Tuesday

rustle

Very surprised to see heads drop so much after Crawley scored, mucking around at the back, lobbing the ball any old where or just giving it away. The last ten minutes was a different team, but left too late. Hope it's that team that turns up on Tuesday!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Man of the match award went to Lewis ward.

iscalad

Okay then. I thought Ward was very poor (once again) on coming off of his line to challenge for that through ball. He has a habit of diving across a player, leaving only his legs as a flimsy block. For their forward its almost like shooting at an open goal, the likelyhood of the ball striking one of his legs is virtually zero. Even Maxted does the splits across a player and risks getting the ball in the nuts FFS.
You do know Ward was man of the match...Yeah, me neither