• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks! It's sunshine and showers at the moment. Sunshine just now, but not 5 minutes ago heavy shower with hail-ey bits in it. The thermometer says 7c, but the wind, which is blowing from the WSW and gusting at 6 in the showers means it feels a lot colder. We had 8mm of rain in the last 24 hours, most of it in the form of (heavy) showers. There's 100% blue cloud cover at the moment, which disappears during the showers. I'd be pretty certain that this weather pattern will continue all day, with some of the showers being quite extended. Wrap up warmly and wear foul weather gear.

This is earlier than usual because as with Grecian 2k earlier in the week I have an appointment to see if I've got any blood left. If I have I'll post again around 13:00.
As always when ever Dr Dave does his weather forecast on the matchday thread, Whatever is happening around the world i feel a sense of calm and give a contented sigh

David Treharne

I'm pleased to say that the kind nurse found blood, and recommended alcohol as a precursor to watching Exeter City.
In the meantime, whereas ten minutes ago, it was hailing it's now bright and sunny, though still feeling very chilly because of the blustery WSW wind, which, if anything has picked up during the course of the morning. It's actually 7c, but feels much much colder. I think it's a pattern that will last through the afternoon, so it'll be sunnies followed by sou'westers (does anybody still wear sou' westers?) I think the wind may be an important factor. For anybody going to the St James Centre remember that they're starting to use refundable plastic glasses to cut down on the amount of plastic used at the Club.
Finally, don't forget to wash your hand!

exeter-loyal

No pitch inspection today then?

IndoMike

No pitch inspection today then?
Just a hands inspection, it seems.

exeter-loyal

Just a hands inspection, it seems.
That's that then.

Rosencrantz

Hail snow and sleet for a few minutes here on the edge of Tedburn but blue skies again now.
That's just hit Tiverton now!

IndoMike

That's that then.
Don't think the pitch will be at its best, but according to Doc Dave and others it's not waterlogged.
I've got a strong feeling City will win 2-0. I had a vision.

Alistair20000

Another lot has just passed through here but blue skies again now

IndoMike

?

Rosencrantz

And....blue sky. Excellent weather warning Al 👍.