• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

eurogrecian

I still think a pen. Certainly not stone wall though.

The defender made no contact with the ball and definitely brought Williams down. Williams though was by no means guaranteed to get to the ball and did take a step towards the defender just prior to the contact. Did he go for the pen?
I didn't have him down as a diver, but his style of play might encourage it....

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely clear pen.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the combined Brains Trust of Exeweb can't agree after watching it a million times, I think we should give the officials the benefit of the doubt in that they had a split second to decide.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A striker is only as good as the service he gets. If he doesn't get any then he is going to be non existent in the game.
Not happy with this. Remember Ian Rush ? He was always the very first line of the defence, harrying defenders, chasing midfielders frequently forcing them into errors. His goalscoring record is incredible but when he wasn't scoring he was still a vital part of that team. Non existent ? Not likely.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem isn't Ajose. The problem is either the system - playing 2 strikers - or Ajose's mate, who has yet to provide one single assist this season.
The problem is Ajose to a certain extent. I understand he's not being fed many quality balls to chase but you can't just skip around a bit waiting for the ball. At some point you need to adapt your game, drop a bit deeper, make some fuc**ng effort to get the ball, at least look interested, rather than just pick up your 3k per week as our highest earner whilst sticking your middle finger up to all involved.