• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread (7pm kick off)

thermopylai

That was, quite simply, well... odd. Caprice had a good game, the rest were slightly uninspiring.
But full credit to them for battling on and getting the points. As the old saying goes, if you can get the points when playing carp, then imagine what we can do when we actually play well.
So all in all, I enjoyed it. Just.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
True, but he has a point. Not going to be great if we are too often having to fluke a result off of someone's arse.
Drama innit. As long as we win, I don't particularly care how we do it.
Transition season

LOG

Geddon City! Dominant from the first whistle to the last 🏆

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Drama innit. As long as we win, I don't particularly care how we do it.
Transition season
Transition season indeed. Not a spectacle in terms of our play. We were aweful at times. However, we came into the game wit the subs later on and I think we deserved our second goal.

dontpassback

Well done city, I think Crawley will do well with John yems ,so three points are very welcome !

OmanGrecian

Haven't seen it since the backpass rule came in when defenders were doing that all the time and it was outlawed and judged a backpass. Has it changed again or just that no one has tried that since?
Latest version I've found:

Players are allowed to head the ball back to their goalkeeper, or pass the ball back to their shot-stopper with any body part other than their foot.

OmanGrecian

Josh Key did more in that game in the short time he was on than a lot of the other plays who played 90. Beautiful skill near the end of the game to go past a number of players before drawing a foul.

Oh, and thank you Bowman's arse

Spoonz Red E

A lucky escape there, we did not deserve those 3 points. Hopefully the goal from Bowman tonight will be the start of a purple patch for him.

Onwards to Scunthorpe, hopefully it will not be such a laboured performance.
How hard did the ball hit his backside? :)

thermopylai

thank you Bowman's arse
There's a song title, if I ever heard one. If we go up by one or two points this season, I promise we'll record that one!

Red & White

How hard did the ball hit his backside? :)
Point blank range, I'd be surprised if he didn't feel it!