• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread (7pm kick off)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
There were plenty of good crosses in there today, just nobody capable of converting one. As usual.
So sorry I wasn't there, I'd have been laughing all the way home! šŸ˜Š

Spoonz Red E

Surprised defenders haven't gone back to kneeing the ball back by dropping to one knee then. Easy time wasting isn't it.
Part of law 12
CAUTIONS FOR UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR
uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

My understanding is that if the knee was used as a tactic to get the ball to the keeper when it could easily have been kicked the player would be cautioned and an indirect free kick given from where the player touched the ball.

PeteUSA

I imagine there'll be a question near to the top of the accessors list for tonights referee. Why on earth didnt you award a penalty kick to Exeter when the defender kicked him in the face from behind!? He even went over to make sure our player was okay as he got to his feet, so he knew there was contact! Accidental or otherwise, that was a penalty.

Antony Moxey

I imagine there'll be a question near to the top of the accessors list for tonights referee. Why on earth didnt you award a penalty kick to Exeter when the defender kicked him in the face from behind!? He even went over to make sure our player was okay as he got to his feet, so he knew there was contact! Accidental or otherwise, that was a penalty.
Yes, would agree with that (it was Fisher who got kicked btw). As is nearly always the case, when an incident in the penalty area is waved away anywhere else on the pitch would result in a free kick and often a card.

And speaking of cards why didnā€™t their guy get a second yellow for a very late chop on Collins moments before he got substituted? He really was watching a different game to most people it seems.

Grecian2K

He's got a Hugh Jarce
He's got a Hugh Jarce
Ryan Bowman
He's got a Hugh Jarce!
(y)

STURTZ

I think it was fairly evident that ref was out of his depth in that game.

denzel

Yes, would agree with that (it was Fisher who got kicked btw). As is nearly always the case, when an incident in the penalty area is waved away anywhere else on the pitch would result in a free kick and often a card.

And speaking of cards why didnā€™t their guy get a second yellow for a very late chop on Collins moments before he got substituted? He really was watching a different game to most people it seems.
Yes as there was a free kick in the first half for a high boot. Frost should really have had three yellows in the game (and Sweeney should have been booked). I think the ref was just wanting a quiet night.

STURTZ

Collins was my MotM, always involved and glimpses of quality.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Club's match report

CWH-NYC_

I will be interested to see what MT has to say about all that, see if he agrees with most of us that was dire except for the 3 points.:unsure: