• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Colchester Utd Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder what the reason is then?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong. I don't pretend to be the font of all knowledge, but am reasonably sure we were told any remaining COVID restrictions were lifted two or three weeks ago.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's explained in the Club statement - to keep walkways free and so people feel less crushed. I think the Green Guide also recognised that people are on average bigger than they were a generation ago.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's explained in the Club statement - to keep walkways free and so people feel less crushed. I think the Green Guide also recognised that people are on average bigger than they were a generation ago.
Makes sense. Moreover, if we want to increase the capacity of the Park we needn't incur the cost of a new stand, we can just encourage our supporters to eat less! ;-)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Makes sense. Moreover, if we want to increase the capacity of the Park we needn't incur the cost of a new stand, we can just encourage our supporters to eat less! ;-)
No Ginsters pasties for a start.

Red Monster

That seems quite a lot of revenue to lose 396 on BB ,say at about
£14 a time 5.5k .

denzel

I can see where the club is coming from. I remember at the Ar*yle game when the Bank was full, that there were problems keeping the walkways open and I remember feeling more cramped than I was last Friday.
I know some will argue that we should max the capacity as much as possible, but safety comes first, then comfort.
And who knew that we would be selling out for games against Colchester, Rochdale and Barrow!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That seems quite a lot of revenue to lose 396 on BB ,say at about
£14 a time 5.5k .
Less, as advance tickets are cheaper than PotD. Also you have to take off the VAT and its well less than £12 a head. Also you can charge more for seats. Less of an issue with all seated stadiums, so it hits ECFC harder than most, though lower numbers if it was all seated. I for one would not lose the BB for a few pennies in net revenue.

fred binneys head

In that case I’d say the capacity isn’t 8,700 then.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In that case I’d say the capacity isn’t 8,700 then.
Tend to agree. You wouldn't say the capacity of a lift was 40 if accommodating that number of people meant they'd all likely suffocate. Surely, the capacity of something, especially a stadium, is the number of people who can be safely accommodated?!