• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Colchester Utd Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Taking the lead on beginning the thread and I’m hoping for beginners luck!

A visit from 20th placed Colchester whom haven’t been in the best of form but have managed to net wins against Port Vale and Tranmere lately so the deckchairs are not yet out. The Essex boys actually beat us in an uncharacteristic 3-1 defeat earlier this season. However we demolished them 6-1 with a superb Ryan Bowman hatrick assisted with MJ and Joel Randell brilliance at SJP last season.

Sell out crowd at SJP with an expected 8,000 Grecians roaring the boys on to a crucial 3 points that could see us 8 points clear of the other Auto chasers before they K.O.

No new injury worries have been reported and City are expected to see the return of Veteran and dependable defender Johnathan Grounds to boost the squad. Will KMT keep faith with the side which beat Carlisle?

6 pointers/Big games : Barrow v FGR, Gas v Salford, Mansfield v Sutton. Hartlepool v Port Vale, Also Cobblers could come a cropper at Oldham.

In the words of our Silky Frenchman “Let’s Go!”

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kicks off at 10pm in Sydney. Beers are in the fridge. Peanuts are at the ready. Even my better half is up for watching this one UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is what we've been waiting for. As Matt Taylor said in his interview, the players have earnt the right to play in front of a full park after their performances this season. Usually I'd be worried about City choking in a game like this but with the likes of Dawson, Stubbs and Sweeney I'm more confident than in the past that won't happen.

fred binneys head

Well done Cowshed Grecian, a brilliant first MDT. Here’s hoping you bring us some luck, I just need 4 or 5 early goals and then I’ll breathe out.

COYR.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Cowshed Grecian, a brilliant first MDT. Here’s hoping you bring us some luck, I just need 4 or 5 early goals and then I’ll breathe out.

COYR.
Yes, a good solid start to the thread. It's the same feeling of relief you get when you see Stubbs commandingly win his first header of the day or Jevani controlling the ball on a sixpence or Dawson having his first little chat with the ref.

fred binneys head

Yes, a good solid start to the thread. It's the same feeling of relief you get when you see Stubbs commandingly win his first header of the day or Jevani controlling the ball on a sixpence or Dawson having his first little chat with the ref.
Or just seeing Dawson and Stubbs on the teamsheet.

manc grecian

Ee igh ee igh ee igh oh

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a day for heroes on and off the pitch. Ok a tad OTT but you get my drift. From the second we get inside the stadium until that whistle is blown we support the boys until we are all hoarse. Forget the nerves and we will come through with a 2-0 win courtesy of Jevani in the 29th minute who then mocks the Blues fans who made the bad mistake of giving him verbal grief. Freedie Sears then gets denied a certain equalizer by a pumped up Sweenz before MJ wraps things up in the 78th minute in front of 7,967 fans

Dubai Grecian

Another exile, will be watching on ifollow, going for a 4-1 victory
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be getting in to the ground early so I have my normal spot! Early goal for City please to calm the nerves.

Jason's preview