• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Official Match Day Thread. 25/1/20 LD2

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough one today but in our current form we should fear no one - probably settle for a point but 3 would be brilliant
Here's hoping - COYR

David Treharne

A very dull morning. Almost 100% grey cloud cover. It's 10c, but it feels slightly colder because there's a nagging SSE breeze that has been gusting up to 4. We had rain overnight, barely 1mm. Don't think there's likely to be much sunshine, or that the temperature will rise much. The pitch is starting to look a bit threadbare in places, and I anticipate full sprinkler action pre-match. Thanks to Oldsmobile for the photo it reminds me of the John Scofield album "You can see my house from here". Think the game should be a good contest and a pretty tough test. Further update around 13:00.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having only got back late last night, I'm not able to attend today's match. Will be listening in with nervous anticipation later.

Jason's preview

wiveygrecian

The clean sheet record will probably go today but can’t think of a better time to gain our first 2-1 win of the season 🤞🤞
Yeah mate I was only looking at this the other day we haven’t won or lost by the score 2-1 all season in 27 league games! Considering it’s one of the most common score lines that’s amazing!

StudentGrecian

Actually Dickenson is not available today so it is too much to ask. Sorry.
Any reason he isn’t available today? Didn’t hear anything in the weeks press about it?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's his father's funeral. See the build-up thread.

Legohead

Banned
Expecting a difficult match today with Colchester likely to pose problems for us from an attacking perspective. I'll go for a 3-2 win for us with us grabbing the winner in injury time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Major fire at Johnsons the Cleaners at Cowley, effecting traffic. Not sure if the trains are okay.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Major fire at Johnsons the Cleaners at Cowley, effecting traffic. Not sure if the trains are okay.

David Treharne

Still very dull. It's 8c and there's almost total grey cloud cover. The wind has gone round to SE and it feels as though there will be some precipitation in the next couple of hours - looking up towards the top of Pennsylvania Road it appears to be misty, but down here it's just dull! Don't bother with the sunglasses.
Update: It's just started spitting with light rain.