• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United matchday thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at the 360 view confirmed what I thought on Saturday - they were another big side. I love the fact that we can take on these big sides and compete with them physically. But still I think we only had one booking?
That thug Ryan Harley!

They'd done their research on Wheeler, putting a huge monster to mark him out on the wing. Wheels still managed to win at least fifty per cent of the headers they competed for.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the 360 view confirmed what I thought on Saturday - they were another big side. I love the fact that we can take on these big sides and compete with them physically. But still I think we only had one booking?
Indeed, which in the grand scheme of things I thought was rather harsh.

Yes, Harley missed the ball and caught the man so that rightly warranted a free kick, but I feel that giving him a yellow for it was a tad harsh, especially as there wasn't a lot in it.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I was surprised at the time to see that woodman hadn't been booked for his early body check.

tommoore85

Came down for my first game of the season on Sat, really thought I was going to jinx us. What a great performance , game and day! Brought my wife, 9 month old lad for his first game, and my dad. My dad started taking me when I was 4 so my lad is getting a head start! What a great place to be at the moment, long may it continue.

Bumped into Ruben reid's brother (used to play football with him up here in Bristol), said his brother is absolutely loving it down here. Thought he played the target man role perfectly. and Ollie Watkins is the real deal

Last edited: