• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester Prediction Thread

Grecian_Matt

Hard to predict as there is no form, and a good thing too as we were slipping.

Time to see how Taylor deals with the pressure of the play offs..

If Tisdale was in charge we would be marching to the final to then lose, but lets see what happens.

I am going for:-
Colchester 2 - 1 Exeter
Exeter 1 - 0 Colchester

GJW

If only we all felt like Maria when it comes to optimism

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-0 City. Sweeney penalty.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just feel that there's a level of assumption we will reach the final, because we have on the last four occasions in the playoffs. If we make it five, even if we lose the final, that is no mean feat.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fook this! we are going to win there and at SJP - straight to Wembury (perhaps it's my location). Let's get some positive vibes going FFS

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bookies appear to be playing it very safe on this one, with odds on Colchester only being a whisker lower than a City win. Not surprising really !!, don't know why I bothered looking !!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A few who have played for both clubs.

Corey

I’m predicting a 1-1 draw at their place before we beat them 2-1 at SJP

Colchester fan

Some of the released players are going to play. I imagine the incentive is ‘get us up and you’ll get contracts’.

Yes We have Theo Robertson back from Southend (He has been on loan to us most of the season and is leading scorer) also Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble and Ryan Jackson are all available to play. The only one not available of the 4 senior players released is Brandon Comley because the club felt they have plenty of players in midfield, so they left him on furlough until he leaves. They are all very decent players, but due to Covid costs, the chairman felt he couldn't offer them new deals so told them early to give them the best chance of finding new clubs before the rush! I think some hope they will get a deal if we get promoted but the chairman has already said he doesen't expect to be in a financial position to do it. I think it will be a very tight affair, both teams have decent squads and shown it for much of the season, we shall see soon enough!