• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester - Good Friday - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
No league 2 game is a 'banker', so we have to treat Col U with respect and remember that no game is won 'on paper' but only on the pitch. My only concern would be that, if we don't get an early(ish) goal, all the supporters who don't go regularly could start getting a bit restless. The regulars need to show solid support and not let any nerves spread onto the pitch. Remember, this is all new for a lot of our younger players.
Agree, also I don’t think the team have shown any nerves yet, maintaining the 5 point gap is key to continuing that.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I stood there last season

eurogrecian

Who's in the St. James Road end? First time it's opened for us since the 60s?
I stood at the 'away end' the last day of our promotion season in 1977. 10,751 in the Park that day.
In later seasons there was a City fan with his dog (wearing a scarf!) in that end on many occasions.

eurogrecian

I stood at the 'away end' the last day of our promotion season in 1977. 10,751 in the Park that day.
In later seasons there was a City fan with his dog (wearing a scarf!) in that end on many occasions.
The dog not the guy!

older-codger

Would always stand in the away end in the early 70's when I started taking my young son. Primarily to make an easy early exit in case of any aggro. Not that there was often any aggro and it was great to be able to chat to opposition supporters about the respective players - those were the days! There was always a group of regulars who would play "penny on the corners" too. I wonder if any of them are still around?

Arthur Davey

I was in there for our relegation out the league (& Brazil) 😑

Selling out the last few games of the season is great...and with the last few tickets still available for Friday, hopefully no one will be disappointed that wants to go!

Who's in the St. James Road end? First time it's opened for us since the 60s?
It opened for one of the games at the end of the 89/90 season. I stood there.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in there for our relegation out the league (& Brazil) 😑
Lucky you - I was outside peeling the corrugated iron to one side in the Jungle Path to watch when we went down !

UTC

Attachments

It opened for one of the games at the end of the 89/90 season. I stood there.
Just found highlights of the Scarborough game in 1990 when we won the title and there were definitely City fans in the away end (I remember climbing down from the cowshed for the pitch invasion). The Burnley game in midweek a few days before that was the one when I stood in the away end.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back in the 90s I went in the away end when we played Burnley. Burnley had been promoted and they gave them the bank so we had to go in the away end. That's if my memories not playing tricks on me