• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge Utd FA Cup 1st round replay Official Match Day Thread

Fareham Grecian

Wot no MDT??

Some say the FA Cup is a distraction, and frankly if we had lost the original tie I wouldn’t have shed a tear. But now we are here we have a great chance of reaching the 3rd round. COME ON BAUYS!!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
C'mon City : let's have an exciting Cup run, for a change.

Score : 3-1 City
Attendance : 3,650
Scorers : Parkes, Law and Fisher

Got a feeling Matt Jay will play tonight

Last edited:

Andy_H

If you need any more incentive to get along to SJP tonight here it is, you'll miss the General Election debate on ITV. Not even ECFC at their very worst could be more boring!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here's to the second round!

Jason's preview

Andy_H

If you need any more incentive to get along to SJP tonight here it is, you'll miss the General Election debate on ITV. Not even ECFC at their very worst could be more boring!
I'd also 'enjoy' sitting through 5 hours of PT's post match interviews more, and possibly believe them more clearly as well!!!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can do this. An early goal to settle the nerves, then a second to knock the stuffing out of em. Both from big Ryan. Hoping for a good crowd to roar the boys on. COYR !

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope the team talks and build up at training has been similar to the pre-Argyle ones, as this is a biggie UTC........added bonus of being a 6.45am kick off over here which is very welcome to the usual 2am

Grecian_Matt

Hope we score early and win comfortably.
With the 2nd Round being a home game against a lower division team, that should easily be enough motivation that we should qualify for the 3rd Round and the potential for a big Prem Team away.

David Treharne

Always difficult to know how and when to post about the weather for evening kick offs. In this case the current weather seems unlikely to be the pattern for the game this evening. It's trying to be sunny, albeit through a 70% grey cloud cover. The wind is northerly but hardly moving. It was cold over night down to 1c, and its currently 5. However, the barometer is suggesting a complete change in wind direction during the course of the afternoon, perhaps eventually moving round to south, which ought to mean that the temperature will rise and the likely chance of precipitation increasing. In the 24 hours to 10:00 today we had just a trace of rain - but nothing significant. So I'll give an update at around 5 o'clock which ought to give a better indication of conditions tonight. I hope that someone from the Exeter City side will have what old newspaper columnists used to call their "shooting boots" on tonight.

exeter-loyal

Reckon we will win tonight. Lots of goals but 3-2 to us!! Bring on the Pools in the next round.