• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge Utd FA Cup 1st round replay Official Match Day Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've not been too happy with what I've seen in the last 180 minutes. Quite frankly the chant was warranted last night. Even then it was little more than sarcasm rather than having a pop.
It was initially but did it really need to be repeated several times afterwards when we had blocked shots etc - not warranted imo

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the chant, for the first time, was well justified, & funny (though the repeats were dull),
Spot on

Stelios

What was the Pierce and their no, 30 incident about with the handbags etc.
The No. 30 was singing "Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace" to him all game (not really)

I think he felt Pierce had come in late on him from behind. Pierce was walking away and No. 30 slapped/shoved Pierce on the back of the neck to which Pierce then reacted.

tonykellowfan

A win is a win at the end of the day.

I wonder though if we will now see Fisher replace Bowman up front for a few more games, with Jay and Seymour supporting.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Reffered to as the 'Exiles' in the title of the highlights........
What a great pass from Archie in the build-up to the goal.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The No. 30 was singing "Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace" to him all game (not really)

I think he felt Pierce had come in late on him from behind. Pierce was walking away and No. 30 slapped/shoved Pierce on the back of the neck to which Pierce then reacted.
I did hear Sweenz being announced by Fullsy as being sponsored by Auto Windscreens when he read the teams out 😄

Nickp

What a great pass from Archie in the build-up to the goal.
After the match, I was looking through some old programs. On the 26th February 2011, we were in Division 1 and playing, ironically, Hartlepool. Pictured on the front was a tribute to one of our greatest goal scorers, Tony Kellow. Oh how we could do with such a prolific goal scorer now! We lost 2-1 that afternoon.
Hartlepool scouts at the match last night must really fancy their chances, having watched our performance last night, with a forward line struggling to score. Dropping Bowman was well overdue and my hope is that we can start firing on all cylinders again, starting with the return of Nicky from injury, who I have high hopes of scoring a lot of goals for us. We cannot rely on midfielders being our top scorers. Despite this, I still fancy our chances of automatic promotion this season.

Red Devon

A win is a win at the end of the day.

I wonder though if we will now see Fisher replace Bowman up front for a few more games, with Jay and Seymour supporting.

Bow was stripped off ready to come on reading through Wayne Carlises notes moments before Fisher bagged.

Rosencrantz

Bow was stripped off ready to come on reading through Wayne Carlises notes moments before Fisher bagged.
Yeah, I think the Fish was about to be hooked.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version