• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers matchday thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Devon Live none of the injured will be back today. That's Stubbs, Diabate, Grounds, Dieng and Kite. Once again we're praying for no more injuries and no cards for Sweenz.

Looking forward to this afternoon but in all honesty I'm not expecting a classic.

tom_ecfc

4-1 win (Stanno, Nombe x2, Brown)
Barton sent off
Att 7,860 (same as the Barrow sell out)

SaintJames

Today will be turgid but enough about the look on Joey Barton's face :) There will be many dark arts practiced by Rovers today the worst of which will be a deliberate targeting of Sweens to try and get him booked closely followed by a game full of time wasting set to try and rile our bench. However, we will have the last laugh with a 2-1 win courtesy of Nombe after Stanno's opener in front of 7,950

Sporting Life are tipping a 3-0 win and Sweeney to score at anytime - that’ll do nicely COYR

Cowshed Grecian

I’ve just read Barton’s comments, what an absolute chop stick. I don’t get it, ok so he wants to stir things up for today, but the bloke doesn’t help himself.

David Treharne

Yesterday's rain (all 9mm of it) stopped overnight, and the wind has gone round to a rather kinder SW ( with an occasional shift through WSW). There's a 90% grey cloud cover and it's currently 14c - the breeeze has droppped considerably in force. It's probably going to get slightly warmer during the course of the morning, though at the moment there's no sign of a return of the rain. With the majority of the trains not running it could be an interesting day for parking around SJP - the Well Street to Victoria Road area is littered with utility works, and yesterday South View Terrace was closed to traffic. I'll update around 13:00.

tom_ecfc

it must have been Leeds in 2009.
16th Jan 2010 vs Leeds United - 8,549 (which i’m guessing would have been a sell out).

Bridgy 81

16th Jan 2010 vs Leeds United - 8,549 (which i’m guessing would have been a sell out).
That was a great day. Pouring down with rain too if I remember correctly. I was in the Old Grandstand so was probably (mostly) dry.
Plus it’s interesting that a lot of the fond memories I have from around those times seem to be wins for us with Ryan Harley scoring.

DJG.ECFC

According to Barton, rovers are a step above us as a club and we are simply skid row and somewhere no player wants to be just like accy and fleetwood. Gotta laugh at the clown, I’m guessing Matt will use that to fire the players up, cheers Joey.

Attachments

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus it’s interesting that a lot of the fond memories I have from around those times seem to be wins for us with Ryan Harley scoring.
Oh Ryan Harley, you're the love of my life....