• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers matchday thread

Ash

Well it's matchday and I'm awake at stupid o'clock again, so might as well make myself useful and get this started!

After last week's stroll around Gloucestershire, surely Barton's boys will give us a sterner test won't they?

Joey certainly seems to be doing everything he can to rile us up and I think it will come back to haunt him. With our front three getting a better understanding all the time, I wouldn't want to be in the Rovers backline tomorrow. Despite our sometimes shaky looking foundations, I can only see one winner in this game. And in front of a full house too!

4-1 victory in front of 7978. Stansfield, Brown, Nombe & Smith with the goals.

And Barton sent off. Obviously.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn’t seem likely to happen but would love to see a surprise appearance from Sam Stubbs to remind his old boss how good he is.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn’t seem likely to happen but would love to see a surprise appearance from Sam Stubbs to remind his old boss how good he is.
Just about to place bet on Stubbsy or Matt Taylor nutting Barton at full time plus Jay S getting his first Grecian goal in front of full Big Bank ! UTC

Boyo

Sold out.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sold out.
What was the last home sell out we had for a league game that didn't involve promotion or relegation?

Boyo

What was the last home sell out we had for a league game that didn't involve promotion or relegation?
Arg*lye in 2019 I guess? Not including promotion/relegation or derby games, it must have been Leeds in 2009. Prior to that, I have no idea.

elginCity

Temporary banner needed for the St James Road stand - ‘The Arse End’ (or Skid Row) :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should be a good day, expecting the tram to be much the same as last week.

Jason's preview

Cowshed Grecian

We will lose 4-1…every time I say that we win.

Avening Posse

Just win please. Their ridiculous manager to go home with his tail between his legs and a very useful 3 points for us UTC