• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Bradford City Saturday 7th August 3.00 p.m.

Ash

A great game as an opener. Bradford seem to be fancied on league 2 forums, and the bookies like them too. They are always fancied mind, so not sure what to expect. I see ex Argyle Adams jumped ship from Morecambe to take them on, he certainly did well at Morecambe. Likes a long ball does Adams, so might see two conflicting playing styles for this one. A good yardstick for us. I think we will shade it and going to predict 2-1 on the assumption we don't lose anybody significant in the transfer window prior to the game
I'd take that! But I'm guessing 2-2.

Boyo

Bradford have been allocated 376 seats and 780 standing tickets.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like MJ will play some part in the game provided he trains ok during the week (ankle), Hartridge unlikely and Collins (knee went the wrong way), sounds like he will be out for a while

Archie out…Dieng and Antangana centre mid? meh 😒

SaintJames

Derek Adams knows how to win games of football in League Two (one notable Watkins inspired exception springs to mind though with a 'lucky' strike haha). Plucky Exeter 1 Bradford 3

Derek Adams knows how to win games of football in League Two (one notable Watkins inspired exception springs to mind though with a 'lucky' strike haha). Plucky Exeter 1 Bradford 3
I think we will lose 3-0…we will then pick up, go on a good run look like we might make the play offs and finish 10th…sell our young lads…I should be mystic Meg. And the hamster wheel continues 🤣

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
After watching today’s game I think I’ve probably been a tad optimistic in the August predictions with this our opening game .I think we may be weighed in the balance and found just a little wanting. Still you never know , their signings may not have gelled either , we can always hope.

Pobbop

Booked my ticket, looking forward to seeing our running side rather than booying it up to Bowman or Stockley.

2-1 City. Nombe and Randall

Ex-ciderrr

I have a feeling this weekend will be a case of “same old city”

I think we will get walloped, city 1-4 Bradford. Something about this group at the moment doesn’t feel complete, we are weak and lack depth in a number of areas and are still turning to Seymour. All of this combined despite 1/2 half decent signings on paper isn’t progression or strengthening at all.

A big crowd of 6k plus to be let down as per usual when we turn out in good numbers. The club will make a Bob or two this weekend no doubt and that itself is very welcome don’t get me wrong.

I just hope I’m completely wrong with my prediction & views and that we win 1-0 and Seymour scores the winner.

City are back, it’s going to be a rollercoaster again.

Topsham Boy

Can’t see us getting anything from this.
City have a weakened team with a number of new players yet to gel together as a unit.
2-1 Bradford……Adams is no mug and he’ll spot our weaknesses.