• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barrow AFC Match Day Thread

gilbertshoot

We're either doing this very comfortably or we're suffering heartbreak at 16:42.
We're either doing this very comfortably or we're suffering heartbreak at 16:42.
You mean we'll be consistently inconsistent?

contrabombarde

We always do it the hard way and I expect that we will be on the edge of our seats until 5pm. My family have suddenly decided to descend on us today.
Well, come 3pm they can FRO .😂

gui

We need to go for it big time . I am a little concerned with the weather conditions and consequently state of our football pitch today though so I hope we can overcome all the obstacles and get a win today . Let’s concentrate on our game so no regrets in the end . Let’s go !

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A shame it’s not in our own hands.

Wherever the Grecians finish at 5pm it’s been a decent/good season in these strange times.
5 points either way is the difference between autos or a mediocre season.

Smithyno6

I’ve purposely bet on all three teams above us to win because my bets never come in and I’d much rather we make the play offs. Can’t believe we were in this position 2 seasons ago and now it’s happened again. Struggling to see where the teams above us will lose but my fingers are crossed.

Banksy

A shame it’s not in our own hands.

Wherever the Grecians finish at 5pm it’s been a decent/good season in these strange times.
5 points either way is the difference between autos or a mediocre season.
It is a shame but there you go , we had our chance. Stranger things have happened than City getting playoff promotion against all the odds this season , but I still think our best chance is to gear ourselves up for autos .If we fail today , personally I’m looking forward to an early start to building a really strong team ready for next season. And a rejuvenated pitch too. I think from memory the playoffs won’t be over until the end of May although I know we obviously won’t care if we do make it. I envy you lads who can get to the Park to watch , looks like you’ve got an exciting season ahead whatever happens today.

David Treharne

Don't think the weather conditions favour the flowing football that City like to play! It's currently 13c, and the wind has gone round completely overnight to SSW, in the process having dumped 5mm of rain on us overnight. It's not currently raining, but there's 100% light grey cloud cover, and there are some strong wind gusts from time to time. The pitch looks (superficially at any rate) to be in good condition, although there are some bare patches on the IP stand side. Think the weather now is about as good as it's going to get today.
Who knows which City side will choose to turn up. We could/should cruise past them, but in truth I don't think the current squad have the strength in depth that will be needed to get anything out of the play=offs. I still think we've been a much poorer team since the departure of Nicky Law and the injury to Joel Randall.
Update around 13:00

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think the weather conditions favour the flowing football that City like to play! It's currently 13c, and the wind has gone round completely overnight to SSW, in the process having dumped 5mm of rain on us overnight. It's not currently raining, but there's 100% light grey cloud cover, and there are some strong wind gusts from time to time. The pitch looks (superficially at any rate) to be in good condition, although there are some bare patches on the IP stand side. Think the weather now is about as good as it's going to get today.
Who knows which City side will choose to turn up. We could/should cruise past them, but in truth I don't think the current squad have the strength in depth that will be needed to get anything out of the play=offs. I still think we've been a much poorer team since the departure of Nicky Law and the injury to Joel Randall.
Update around 13:00
The injuries to Randall and Williams and sufficient back up / support for Bowman for me are our two biggest contributions to not slugging it out for the automatics this season in the end.

Alistair20000

Got 0-0 written all over it this one.
The miserablists are gathering

***shakes fist***

hern

Good luck today City. Thinking of you all.